DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash number two in the books

cplmac

Reactions
As some of you may remember the day after I got my MP I crashed it indoors with minimal damage, well feeling a need to balance things out I crashed outdoors today. Fortunately There is no damage, nothing even needs to be calibrated amazingly. I had to back my truck up to the tree to climb up and get it but no problems. I have the crash and the rescue on video.... I brought this one on myself, I turned off obstacle avoidance in an effort to test the actual top speed. I simply lost focus bringing it back in and zigged when I should have zagged, the changes in flight characteristics between OA on and OA off are substantial even when you don't crash. Also I'm a little disappointed in the top speed honestly, but I also found the settings and made some changes to the distance I could fly. That was awesome! 2300' and not even a hiccup, the only danger I was in was not being able to see my display well for the return flight due to the sun. I also saw you could change your altitude limit, if you changed your altitude limit to 1000' would it allow that or does the software always impose a hard 400' ceiling? I would love to go to a state park and get a massive overview. I'm learning fast the easy and the hard way, can't thank you all enough for the information, tips and general good will.

As some of you may remember the day after I got my MP I crashed it indoors with minimal damage, well feeling a need to balance things out I crashed outdoors today. Fortunately There is no damage, nothing even needs to be calibrated amazingly. I had to back my truck up to the tree to climb up and get it but no problems. I have the crash and the rescue on video.... I brought this one on myself, I turned off obstacle avoidance in an effort to test the actual top speed. I simply lost focus bringing it back in and zigged when I should have zagged, the changes in flight characteristics between OA on and OA off are substantial even when you don't crash. Also I'm a little disappointed in the top speed honestly, but I also found the settings and made some changes to the distance I could fly. That was awesome! 2300' and not even a hiccup, the only danger I was in was not being able to see my display well for the return flight due to the sun. I also saw you could change your altitude limit, if you changed your altitude limit to 1000' would it allow that or does the software always impose a hard 400' ceiling? I would love to go to a state park and get a massive overview. I'm learning fast the easy and the hard way, can't thank you all enough for the information, tips and general good will.

National parks are off-limits I do believe state parks are off-limits also but I'm not 110% sure it may go state-by-state your best bet would be to call ahead to the place you're going to be flying in and ask . That way they don't take the drone and footage

There is a hard altitude limit but not 400 feet. I believe it is 500 meters above takeoff point.

500m is pretty high, that's over a quarter mile. I'm trying to render the crash footage in Davinci right now but I can't seem to find a format that can be played on VLC or WMP. As soon as I get it working I'll post it.

So after uploading the 3.8GB 4k video to youtube (which took almost two hours) I'm left with a 720p video. Anyhow, here is the crash. I used to have a channel on youtube that I can't access anymore since google bought youtube, sucks I had 800 subscribers on that channel.

Just realized I also lost the 120 or so videos I had hosted there, these mega-tech companies really know how to suck the joy out of life.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts