DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash report- joystick message

Jean-Claude

Reactions
Hello,
I was flying near my drone about 5 meters at an altitude of 3 meters and suddenly I lost control, the drone was stationary and no command from the controller or the Iphone worked. I always had the return of the video and on the controller the message "JOYSTICK" Finally the battery becoming empty and the drone started climbing up against a tree branch and fell to the ground...
Could someone help me to understand what happened and especially what the JOYSTICK message on the controller means ?
Regards

Hello,
I was flying near my drone about 5 meters at an altitude of 3 meters and suddenly I lost control, the drone was stationary and no command from the controller or the Iphone worked. I always had the return of the video and on the controller the message "JOYSTICK" Finally the battery becoming empty and the drone started climbing up against a tree branch and fell to the ground...
Could someone help me to understand what happened and especially what the JOYSTICK message on the controller means ?
Regards

Hello Jean-Calude,

Thats happened to me once before, i deleted the pairings of the handset to the drone and re-paired them to each other, not sure if it was a glitch or the re-pairing action did something but ive never had the message since, i hope this helps you

Thanks Woodie_07

Could you please send us the flight log, this will help us to find out what happened. To get the flight logs, read point 3 on this page which will tell you how to get the flight logs: Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

This is the link for the flight log
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Unfortunately this log is just the one before the crash and seems normal the last one corresponding to the crash is empty !!
I must tell you than I was taking a PANO at the time the drone stopped.
Do you know what the "JOYSTICK" message means? I can't find any explanation in the ref manual ?

Last edited:
Thanks Woodie_07

This is the link for the flight log
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Unfortunately this log is just the one before the crash and seems normal the last one corresponding to the crash is empty !!
I must tell you than I was taking a PANO at the time the drone stopped.
Do you know what the "JOYSTICK" message means? I can't find any explanation in the ref manual ?
I cannot see anything abnormal in this flight log so it seems that it was all normal the flight before the crash. Check in a folder named MCDatFlightRecords or something similar (I don’t remember the exact name) for the corresponding DAT file. It seems strange that there is no TXT log for the flight. I do not know what ‘JOYSTICK’ is and couldn’t find anything about it with a quick google search so maybe the DAT file will help us.

I found a post that address the same issue I got !
Joystick issue
Looking at that it seems like the aircraft is meant to go into that mode temporarily while it is controlling itself (intelligent flight modes etc.). After it has finished, it should go back into normal mode. Did you try using any automatic thing like active track or use any 3rd party app? If so, that may be why and it didn’t cancel joystick mode after it had finished.

That will be why then. HDRPano uses Joystick mode when it is controlling the drone but it doesn’t exit Joystick mode when it is done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore