DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash!

Swatch35

Reactions
Hi, I'm new the drone scene, but have found this forum to be a great source of knowledge on a variety of topics.

Anyway, have had my mavic for a few months, and crashed it into a pole. Whilst it is still functional, the crash has resulted in a broken drop hook in the gimbal mechanism which results in the dreaded gimbal motor overload error when I turn it on. A simple reboot fixes it, and it records ok.

I have DJI care, and I am eligible for a refresh, so I guess my question for this in Australia is, how have you found the process, in relation to time taken, have you received your drone back repaired, a refurb or new?

I probably will need to send it in for repairs eventually, just trying to understand timing and likely outcomes experienced by other users.

Reactions: Bugbitten
Regardless of where you are....some people get lucky and get their MP right away in short period of time. Some folks curse DJI to kingdom come coz of the time they waited for their MP to come back just only to find out that the issue still exist when they got it.

I agree it depends on where you are. Although dji claims that it may take only 5-6 business days, I have read about some cases whereby it takes up to about 5 weeks for the new replacement to arrive at your door step.

There is an L shaped hook that is fixed to the gimbal plate (at the back). Probably is a relatively easy fix

If you do send it in just be prepared for a one month wait. Too many people get frustrated expecting a shorter period. If it does come back sooner consider yourself lucky and be happy. Just don't stress yourself out before the 4 week marker.

Rob

The plate is only $11 and takes only two beers (an hour) to replace if you have any technical experience at all. I crashed into a tree several months ago and suffered the same fate. I've heard too many horror stories about people getting back a drone that was in worse shape than when they sent it in. It's really an easy fix and plenty of how-to videos on the net.

Reactions: newguy
I have DJI care, and I am eligible for a refresh, so I guess my question for this in Australia is, how have you found the process, in relation to time taken, have you received your drone back repaired, a refurb or new?

I probably will need to send it in for repairs eventually, just trying to understand timing and likely outcomes experienced by other users.

For me the whole process from claiming DJI Care in Australia to receiving a new replacement Mavic took under three weeks. They really should have repaired the gimbal plate and one arm but they sent a new unit that was manufactured in June. No issues at all with the whole process, great customer service, but be aware they use TNT couriers to send the item back which has a bad reputation

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman