DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed a Mavic Mini, is it totaled?

nicksneider

Reactions
I crashed into a tree! It was glorious /s, but here I am trying to figure out my best course of action.

I apologize if my terms aren't accurate, I'm very new to the game, but I've attached pictures to assist.

So one of the propeller arms is broken/snapped clean but still connected as far as wires go.
IMG-3741.jpgIMG-3742.jpg

Another one of the arms has a crack on the underside, right near the propeller.
IMG-3743.jpg

The plastic mount that holds the gimbal in place is cracked free but all wires seem to be still connected as well.
IMG-3739.jpg

I don't believe I have refresh on this so I'm trying to see what the most cost effective method for repair would be, or if it's totaled, should be just looking to by another one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

if you dont have refresh then yes its totaled with so many second hand MMs on the market it would be cheaper to get another one

I crashed into a tree! It was glorious /s, but here I am trying to figure out my best course of action.

I apologize if my terms aren't accurate, I'm very new to the game, but I've attached pictures to assist.

So one of the propeller arms is broken/snapped clean but still connected as far as wires go.
View attachment 117799View attachment 117798

Another one of the arms has a crack on the underside, right near the propeller.
View attachment 117797

The plastic mount that holds the gimbal in place is cracked free but all wires seem to be still connected as well.
View attachment 117800

I don't believe I have refresh on this so I'm trying to see what the most cost effective method for repair would be, or if it's totaled, should be just looking to by another one. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Always the perfect Opportunity to bump up to the Air 2 ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

well i hope your friend enjoys the new drone you will be getting for him , or you could always give him yours

Reactions: PeterPatrick
Thanks for the info! Do you know of any seller that would sell just the drone itself with no accessories?

The only way we know how to do this now, is to let DJI know that you had the crash and they will send you out a link to purchase the single drone, , im not sure why we have to jump thru hoops but that started with the Air 2.

Reactions: Papa_G
Thanks for the info! Do you know of any seller that would sell just the drone itself with no accessories?
They sell them on eBay. The price for just the Mini 2 is $375, with free shipping.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
well this thread has had three different drones mentioned in it already ,the MM pictured at the start, the Mini,2 and the MA2, i am just confused .com

Looks pretty toasty at this point. Probably qualifies for land fill.

Reactions: old man mavic
The only way we know how to do this now, is to let DJI know that you had the crash and they will send you out a link to purchase the single drone, , im not sure why we have to jump thru hoops but that started with the Air 2.
Interesting, I wonder how much they would charge for that.
well this thread has had three different drones mentioned in it already ,the MM pictured at the start, the Mini,2 and the MA2, i am just confused .com
I'm really just focused on the OG Mini!
well i hope your friend enjoys the new drone you will be getting for him , or you could always give him yours
Yeah we'll be sharing the one I have coming in for now and then I'll be finding him a replacement haha

Well, I would think that replacing it with a Mini 2 would be the gentlemanly thing to do. Not much more money, and covers the use of money- and depreciation costs of the crashed item. Plus you do want to factor in the fact that good friends are hard to lose and even harder to replace.

Oh wait, I see you are aged 25. That might explain your very poor attitude.

Why are we bashing the OP? He initiated this thread to find out if he could repair the Mini, or if it would have to be replaced. That's a fair question, even if it was his friend's Mini.

He's not obligated to upgrade it. Besides, to make good on the Mini, he only needs the AC. To do better and upgrade, he needs AC, RC, and battery. If his friend has the FMC for MM1, then he'd need need to get the MM2 FMC for equivalent upgrade since the accessories for them are not mutually compatible.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya