DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed a Mavic Mini, is it totaled?

Thanks for the reply and great info! As dirkclod mentions below, I ended up purchasing a mini with no accessories from DJI Drone Service which ended up being a great deal. It's been purchased and is en-route to my location!
I see that now. Good luck. Fly safe.

@nicksneider ,i am pleased you got the drone replaced and i will admit ,you did come over a bit gung ho at the start of the thread ,i even thought you seemed to think it was funny that you had smashed your friends drone up,but in all fairness to you ,you,seem to have put things right and i applaud you for that
(just watch out for those trees in future;);););))

@nicksneider ,i am pleased you got the drone replaced and i will admit ,you did come over a bit gung ho at the start of the thread ,i even thought you seemed to think it was funny that you had smashed your friends drone up,but in all fairness to you ,you,seem to have put things right and i applaud you for that
(just watch out for those trees in future;);););))
Sorry I came off as inconsiderate! I was just trying to make light of the unfortunate situation, but I do appreciate the help everyone has offered me in resolving this as quickly and intelligently as possible.

I've been reflecting a lot on how I can maintain more control of my flying in the future and I think I need to implement a new process of thought prior to every move, regardless of how many times I've done it.

Not flying in sports mode in confined spaces or near trees would be a start, it's too fast and panic movements/responses tend to be equally 'vicious'. I am currently pruning trees and if I want a close look I switch to tripod mode or make very slight joystick movements in P mode.

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
Not flying in sports mode in confined spaces or near trees would be a start, it's too fast and panic movements/responses tend to be equally 'vicious'. I am currently pruning trees and if I want a close look I switch to tripod mode or make very slight joystick movements in P mode.
Yeah I'll definitely be sticking in P or C mode. It's frustrating because there was really no need to be in Sport mode but it was literally my 3rd or 4th time flying so I chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way!

I just bought a Mini 2 so...............

DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo 8 months old with great extras.​

COST Description

$649.00 Mavic Mini fly more combo with DJI Care/Refresh insurance to 2021 Aug 21
$ 55.99 Extra battery by DJI - total 4 batteries
$ 16.98 10" ipad cable
$ 55.99 6 in 1 battery charger by Xmips (great accessory to charge everything at once)
$ 27.85 2 LED strobe lights by Owl House
========
$805.81 My cost

$600.00 Sale price or best offer
If you live near me I can demonstrate the Mini for you so that you know everything works.

Attachments

• 1606579881318.png
    1606579881318.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 4
I crashed into a tree! It was glorious /s, but here I am trying to figure out my best course of action.

I apologize if my terms aren't accurate, I'm very new to the game, but I've attached pictures to assist.

So one of the propeller arms is broken/snapped clean but still connected as far as wires go.
View attachment 117799View attachment 117798

Another one of the arms has a crack on the underside, right near the propeller.
View attachment 117797

The plastic mount that holds the gimbal in place is cracked free but all wires seem to be still connected as well.
View attachment 117800

I don't believe I have refresh on this so I'm trying to see what the most cost effective method for repair would be, or if it's totaled, should be just looking to by another one. Any help is greatly appreciated!
If all the wires are ok, you can always try bonding the softened plastic parts together by carefully using chloroform, thinner or acetone.

I crashed into a tree! It was glorious /s, but here I am trying to figure out my best course of action.

I apologize if my terms aren't accurate, I'm very new to the game, but I've attached pictures to assist.

So one of the propeller arms is broken/snapped clean but still connected as far as wires go.
View attachment 117799View attachment 117798

Another one of the arms has a crack on the underside, right near the propeller.
View attachment 117797

The plastic mount that holds the gimbal in place is cracked free but all wires seem to be still connected as well.
View attachment 117800

I don't believe I have refresh on this so I'm trying to see what the most cost effective method for repair would be, or if it's totaled, should be just looking to by another one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry, to hear that you crashed. I agree with comments, about getting a new one. Also if your inclined to fix things, you can save the parts that can be used and rebuild another one from other crashed drones. Also, encourage you to look up info from Mavic Tips, on how to avoid flyaways and crash. I review those tips myself, from time to time. I share these tips, because I wished that some one would have shared tips with me when I first started flying drones.

I've never owned a chainsaw but my Dad has a few, one in particular that's been good to him for 25+ years, and I could see the sentimental value of such a tool making it hard to objectively resolve an issue with something breaking.
Nothing sentimental about it. Buy your first one and get back to us :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143