DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crashed air-camera looks different

Roger D

Reactions
crashed drone hit retrn home and raised up into trees. One side of upper body was slightly separated, popped it back in. A rear cylinder in back of camera was loose and popped that back in. Forward sensor didn't function recalibrated. The drone flys, seems gutless compared to before and picture looks foggy (almost like half the pixels) and smaller? I called DJI support (I have care refresh and they told me about calibrating via desktop) but they were in a hurry to get rid of me. Not sure to send in for a replacement or not

any suggestions?

crashed drone hit retrn home and raised up into trees. One side of upper body was slightly separated, popped it back in. A rear cylinder in back of camera was loose and popped that back in. Forward sensor didn't function recalibrated. The drone flys, seems gutless compared to before and picture looks foggy (almost like half the pixels) and smaller? I called DJI support (I have care refresh and they told me about calibrating via desktop) but they were in a hurry to get rid of me. Not sure to send in for a replacement or not

any suggestions?
First, remember to watch for overhead obstacles before hitting RTH if you are lower that your set RTH altitutude.

Do what they asked... then send it in using your Refresh. There are often unseen damages after a crash.

Thanks, I was wondering if perhaps camera settings changed and reduced pixels or something?

Doubtful, if the camera was 'opened' its more likely the lense is misaligned or the ccd has moved.

Do you mean the little heat-sink on the back of the camera housing?

That plate is difficult to get off even when disassembled! It is held on by a screw so it must have been hit pretty hard to dislodge. It may have also jostled the connector for the camera module it's like 30 pins so wouldn't take much.

I am not certain it will work properly again without an inspection so perhaps a dji care request is the best path forward.

Do you mean the little heat-sink on the back of the camera housing?

That plate is difficult to get off even when disassembled! It is held on by a screw so it must have been hit pretty hard to dislodge. It may have also jostled the connector for the camera module it's like 30 pins so wouldn't take much.

I am not certain it will work properly again without an inspection so perhaps a dji care request is the best path forward.
Yep, as stated, agree entirely. Plus hidden damage is always a possibility

You will pay $119.00 with care refresh and get a new drone

I would guess that means I'll have a new serial number and have to re-register it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB