DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed drone, gimbal unable to connect

RPGTurtle

Reactions
Hello guys, I have a DJI mini 2 drone that I crashed recently. I tried to fly in a city which was a BIG mistake even though I have done it before without any incidents. At first, before takeoff, everything was ok. After takeoff the drone lost and regained connection to the remote a bunch of times and I could not control any of its movements, after all that it decided to return to home and it did not manage to come home safely as it hit a wall head first.
After the crash, I started to test and calibrate the drone, the boot sequence is done normally and the camera moves like it used to but it does not stabilise and when calibrating automatically the process stops at 10% and the camera moves extremely slow. On manual calibration it moves but only on the horizontal axis without changing the on-screen value.
When calibrating IMU the errors stay.

On my screen I get these errors: Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI support for assistance.(40012) and IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data.(30066).
My drone also cannot find enough satellites and the icon stays on red.
I cannot spin the motors, it won’t let me.

My question is, can I repair this little guy by replacing the gimbal or do I need to say hello to the DJI support team.

My suggestion would be "say hello", trying to repair it by swapping components can get expensive, what you think is broken is not necessarily what is actually broken.
DJI prices seem reasonable and may well be cheaper in the long run.

Oh welcome to the forum.

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome to the forum I too would send it to DJI.
Gimble problems can be tricky and you could end up wasting money on parts you really don't need.
Save yourself a headache and send it in.

@RPGTurtle welcome to your first post since 2021, when it says you joined this forum ,
its a shame it had to be about a issue with your drone
but you have received some solid advice from the two post above ,
get the drone repaired by DJI ,you will most likely receive a replacement drone ,so dont leave the SD card in the one you send back ,hope you get back in the air soon good luck

Hello guys, I have a DJI mini 2 drone that I crashed recently. I tried to fly in a city which was a BIG mistake even though I have done it before without any incidents. At first, before takeoff, everything was ok. After takeoff the drone lost and regained connection to the remote a bunch of times and I could not control any of its movements, after all that it decided to return to home and it did not manage to come home safely as it hit a wall head first.
After the crash, I started to test and calibrate the drone, the boot sequence is done normally and the camera moves like it used to but it does not stabilise and when calibrating automatically the process stops at 10% and the camera moves extremely slow. On manual calibration it moves but only on the horizontal axis without changing the on-screen value.
When calibrating IMU the errors stay.

On my screen I get these errors: Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI support for assistance.(40012) and IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data.(30066).
My drone also cannot find enough satellites and the icon stays on red.
I cannot spin the motors, it won’t let me.

My question is, can I repair this little guy by replacing the gimbal or do I need to say hello to the DJI support team.
Thank you guys, my only issue was the money situation but I guess I will just eat less :)

Thank you guys, my only issue was the money situation but I guess I will just eat less :)
D.I.Y. Gimble repairs don't save you much money and if you mess up during the repair ,well then you will be really skinny!
You are saving money letting them do it Belive me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne