DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into my lake and recovered it.

90% isopropyl alcohol and submerge it, it can be hard to find that high of concentrate but the alcohol will force all of the water from the device and is not conductive. This will work pretty instantly unlike rice. If there is a "save" this will be it.

My Phantom went into water, twice. First time in a river off a tree. Powered it off, shook out water, removed battery and blew air through it from a hair dryer for a couple of hours. Started and flew with no issues. Second time was into the sea at a beach. Rinsed off the sand and seaweed with fresh water, thats hard to watch and do! Did same drying out for a day. Motors started but radio connections dead and electronics started to corrode immediately. lesson; avoid saltwater but fresh water has a 90% chance of survival.

Reactions: willhay555
I have on hand the highest alcohol concentration I can find locally, which is 91 percent, I just noticed you can find on Amazon 99% alcohol, which would be much better for purposes of drying and removing impurities.

I've done the rice trick with a mini quad that submerged in a river, I suggest placing everything in a pillow case then the rice, if you decide to go this route, to keep the rice from getting into tight crevices. I left my mini and camera in the rice for three days, and it everything worked afterwords, to this day no problems.

If you have a dehumidifier will also solve the problem. Just place the mavic near the front of dehumidifier in a room and leave it for 3 to 5 hours, it will suck all the water, moisture and dries it quickly...

Like Flycat said highest isopropyl alcohol % you can find if you need to clean it out. Then move to a hair dryer. Rice takes too long and i've never understood that method.

If you have salt in it or something like mud, you need to get that out <insert alcohol>.

Good Luck

The getterback is 53GBP [60USD?] in the UK :O

These are now under fifteen quid on Amazon UK mate Thumbswayup

The only thing putting me off getting one (well, two things), the float part seems really small, would you even see it in a lake or reservoir? And! How the hell would you get out there to recover it?

I'm not sure I'm that good a swimmer :rolleyes:

Reactions: willhay555
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky