DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into tree, now when I turn camera on, it is stuck facing up

Clare_G101

Reactions
EDIT SOLVED: I just had to recalibrate IMU

When it's off, I can manipulate the gimbal in any which way, and I already tried to calibrate it, and it didn't have any errors, but when the drone is on, it is stuck looking up, and I can't look down or left/right. Thoughts?

Last edited:
No info from the controller?
Does the gimbal do it’s “dance” on startup.
What are you flying?

I have the same problem, except it's stuck facing down when off. When I turn it on it does it's dance, faces forward, and works properly. When I start to fly the camera eventually faces down and dangles a little and won't move. Once I let it hover for a second it'll go back to normal, but if I fly, again faces down and won't work.

I have the same problem, except it's stuck facing down when off. When I turn it on it does it's dance, faces forward, and works properly. When I start to fly the camera eventually faces down and dangles a little and won't move. Once I let it hover for a second it'll go back to normal, but if I fly, again faces down and won't work.
I was able to fix it by recalibrating the IMU, have you tried that?

Mine began doing that when I attached ND filters. Don't know if over time that will harm the gimbal.

I was able to fix it by recalibrating the IMU, have you tried that?
Yeah I recalibrated it and it says it's fine, and it works fine. It just malfunctions when I start to fly. It'll drop, face down, and it won't move. Once I let it hover in place, it'll go back to normal. It'll repeat every time I move it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki