DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic 2 Need help with startup thanks :)

djfluent

Reactions
I purchased a crashed mavic 2 pro drone on ebay so dont know the whole story on her but he said she fell like 12 feet after hitting a tree and fell at the base of the ocean which i noticed water damage on the board. I was wondering if perhaps any one here could point me the right direction. The problem is shes not getting pass the motor startup. I have only 3 that are showing movement at startup and then that is it no movement on gimble or lights or startup sound. I broke her down and sonic cleaned all the parts to try and get off any possible corrosion. Any chance anyone have the schematics to these girls im trying to figure out the startup sequence that perhaps can pinpoint my problem. And wondering if that one motor not starting up is whats stopping her from advancing with the start up. I have another mavic 2 that’s fully functional so perhaps switching boards for trial and error would be the best way to find out where my problem lies. Appreciate any help and thoughts.

Does it try to boot and then switch off?
If stays on have you tried connecting the controller and a phone to, if possible, see any error messages?
What is the model number of the controller, RC1a or RC1b? It should be visible on the back of the controller.

Have a look through the following search

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it try to boot and then switch off?
If stays on have you tried connecting the controller and a phone to, if possible, see any error messages?
What is the model number of the controller, RC1a or RC1b? It should be visible on the back of the controller.

Have a look through the following search

so the controller is the rc1a and i cant connect to the mavic it wont even light up the control board to sync the controller i mean the light by that button. I dont think its completing the start cycle being no lights come on and i dont get that start up beep i feel like its getting halted with a startup check system thats imbedded in that system. And im not sure if its switching off thats my first assumption... im also curious if having a camera connected is even nessacary to at least get the first step and have her responding then worry about the camera..

so the controller is the rc1a and i cant connect to the mavic it wont even light up the control board to sync the controller i mean the light by that button. I dont think its completing the start cycle being no lights come on and i dont get that start up beep i feel like its getting halted with a startup check system thats imbedded in that system. And im not sure if its switching off thats my first assumption... im also curious if having a camera connected is even nessacary to at least get the first step and have her responding then worry about the camera..
So... wanna sell the RC1A controller?... PM me.

........controller is the rc1a and i cant connect to the mavic it wont even light up the control board to s......
That's unfortunate, probably toast then.
Since it is dismantled I suppose you could swap motors over to see whether it's a dead motor or ESC etc. but I would start with just disconnecting the 'dead motor' and then try to power up.
Likewise but separately disconnect the gimbal. see Flight without gimbal from post #8

I would be delighted to see you get it working, if you do please tell us what you did. The cost of the fix in tools and components would also useful.
Good luck.

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu