DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Air - Broken motor arm

dpotrc

Reactions
I just crashed my Mavic Air while filming wedding. The left front motor arm is broken. Everything else is working. I have already contact dji for repair. Can anyone tell me estimated cost of repair? Thank you.

DJI when they receive it

if you’re handy with a soldering iron replacing an arm on an MA isn’t too hard. I’ve done it on a friends drone and it took me a couple of hours but I was being very careful!

The parts are cheap enough from memory. Certainly not a job I’d go to the expense of getting DJI involved in if you don’t fancy taking it on yourself. Any competent drone repairer should be able to do it no issues.

Can you tell us how you crashed it? It's always interesting, and can be helpful to know what pilot error( as supposed) was involved.

I was flying with low remote battery warning and my connection was really crappy. I lost visual connection at very low distance and MA keep disconecting. I didnt want to RTH as the wedding was in progress and mavic air is very noisy. So I didnt seen my drone, didnt have stable connection, so I tried to get mavic lower to maybe see it somehow. But there was one tree on the way:) I searched for mavic almost 15 minutes.

I guess I will just leave DJI to do the job. I hope they will only replace what is broken, front arm and plastic cover. I have tested the drone and everything else is working.

I was flying with low remote battery warning and my connection was really crappy. I lost visual connection at very low distance and MA keep disconecting. I didnt want to RTH as the wedding was in progress and mavic air is very noisy. So I didnt seen my drone, didnt have stable connection, so I tried to get mavic lower to maybe see it somehow. But there was one tree on the way:) I searched for mavic almost 15 minutes.

I guess I will just leave DJI to do the job. I hope they will only replace what is broken, front arm and plastic cover. I have tested the drone and everything else is working.
NEVER fail to RTH when battery low! Never. You could have lost it forever, or completely destroyed it, or hurt someone at crash site.

I just crashed my Mavic Air while filming wedding. The left front motor arm is broken. Everything else is working. I have already contact dji for repair. Can anyone tell me estimated cost of repair? Thank you.

Hello dpotrc
I crashed my MA into a steel light pole while flying sideways, after checking many web sites for repair I decided to send it to djidroneservices.com. I broke off 3 MA arms, cost to repair 40.00 per arm + 169.00 labor.
I'm confident that the work will be complete and tested without problem when returned to me. Piece of mind goes a long way.
Hope this info is helpful
Best Regards
Norm

Attachments

• IMG-2644a.JPG
    IMG-2644a.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-2645a.JPG
    IMG-2645a.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 37
Hello dpotrc
I crashed my MA into a steel light pole while flying sideways, after checking many web sites for repair I decided to send it to djidroneservices.com. I broke off 3 MA arms, cost to repair 40.00 per arm + 169.00 labor.
I'm confident that the work will be complete and tested without problem when returned to me. Piece of mind goes a long way.
Hope this info is helpful
Best Regards
Norm
Hi, I'm in need of a front right arm replacement. Where can I find one. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_080310.jpg
    IMG_20191013_080310.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
Update. Repair cost at official dji service was 110 euros. They didn't repair it though, instead they sent me new drone. Maybe its refurbished, but there were original stickers on it and serial number doesnt include any letter R.

Edit: checked serial number, replacement drone was built august 29th 2019

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura