DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Air, need help

Hopper13

Reactions
First, let me say that this was strictly pilot error. Yesterday, I was attempting to fly my Mavic Air over the ridge across the river from my cabin using Litchi on an iPhone X and flew the drone into the top of a tree. I crossed the river and climbed the ridge to the area where I saw the drone go down, but to no avail. So, some questions and hopefully some help for this rookie who made a stupid mistake:
1. Are the data log files stored somewhere on the iPhone (UAV was not set up).
2. When using “Find My Aircraft” in Litchi, does the drone blink or beep? Perhaps I should have changed to DJI while I was searching?
3. Lastly, after the crash, the screen showed a disconnect and a compass calibration error and the last known position of the drone continued to drift. I did not see or hear it flying and I doubt it was moving.

Is there anything anyone here can do to help find my drone? I am NOT looking forward to climbing a 3-400’ steep ridge again, but I’ll do it if there is a decent chance of finding the drone.

The Litchi log is on your iPhone in Litchi » Documents » flightlogs. Litchi also records the standard DJI SDK txt log in Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord.

Both those files would be useful.
Thanks sar104. I don’t think I can get to those files with my iPhone (I have tried), you seem to need to log into iTunes with a computer and I do not have my laptop with me this weekend. :-(

Thanks sar104. I don’t think I can get to those files with my iPhone (I have tried), you seem to need to log into iTunes with a computer and I do not have my laptop with me this weekend. :-(

Unfortunately that's correct - you need a computer to access them.

Thanks in advance to all who are trying to help. As you may have guessed, I'm a relatively new pilot and have already learned much from this forum. I've gotten hold of my Mac and am trying to attach the flight logs from the mission where the MA crashed. Unfortunately, the file extensions .log and .csv do not seem to be accepted. Going off to search for an answer to that one, hopefully soon...

I'm not sure if this is the correct solution, but searching did not turn up and explicit answer and I do see other files uploaded with as plain text (.txt), so I have renamed both with .txt extensions. Thanks in advance! Richard

Attachments

• DJILog_2019-09-14[14][54][25].txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2019-09-14_12-11-44_v2.txt
    455.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure if this is the correct solution, but searching did not turn up and explicit answer and I do see other files uploaded with as plain text (.txt), so I have renamed both with .txt extensions. Thanks in advance! Richard

It lost a prop, or possibly an ESC failed - right rear if that was the case.

attitude.png

It's pretty clear where it came down:

1568837056810.jpeg

Reactions: Hopper13
Thank you so much! I will use the lat/long to search for it again tomorrow. One problem with a black drone down in the woods is that they're hard to spot.

Thank you so much! I will use the lat/long to search for it again tomorrow. One problem with a black drone down in the woods is that they're hard to spot.
One of the pluses for skinning in a bright color. Good luck with your search Thumbswayup

Thank you again Sar104. The drone has been recovered!! It was just where you marked at the base of a very large hemlock tree. Three broken props (it was the first flight with Master Screws) and a scrape or two. I will try replacing the props and loading a freshly charged battery later. Under the heading of “teach a man to fish...” I have questions about what I could have done differently to facilitate recovery.

Thank you again for your help!

Richard
Glad you got your bird back!

Reactions: Hopper13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird