DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Pro Platinum - Repair

Enriquefc

Reactions
Hi guys, I purchased a crashed MPP and have been repairing it. So far it is flying great (replaced a leg and motor, replaced FVS and camera vibration board, resoldered a bunch of cables). I am having an issue with the mainboard.

Everything on the mainboard is working, EXCEPT, the mavic crash was hard, and it broke both the fan and TWISTED de FVS connector on the front of the mainboard. I did not manage to fix the connector, so I had to scrap it. I am not afraid to solder on a new connector, the problem is I CANNOT seem to find the right type of connector to buy.

What I know so far is:
- The connector is 24 pin pcb board to board flat cable connector, with 8mm in length.
- The connector is the SAME as the other end of the flat ribbon cable that goes to the camera PCB, but I cannot manage to take it out of the cable.
- The connector is not the same as an Iphone 7/8 lcd touch connector (measured them, the iPhone one is smaller).
- The connector (so far) makes it so the aircraft says "Vision Sensor Errors" on the app. I do not know if it also affects the camera, because I am waiting for the line camera cable to arrive to fix the camera.
- The most similar one I've found is from JAS, and I do not know the dimensions.

I am posting an image of the connector/housing, to give anyone with any insight an idea of what I am looking for.

Questions:
1.- Does anyone know exactly what type of connector/housing this is?
2.- Does anyone know how to salvage the connector/housing from one of these flex cables?
3.- Has anyone done a repair like this before?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

E.

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_144019844.jpg
    IMG_20201020_144019844.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20201022_102413453.jpg
    IMG_20201022_102413453.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation but only working the board that controls the gimbal, video and forward sensors at this point anyway. Had the same error you have, no video and gimbal attempts the "start up sequence" but fails and remain as "NA" per the remote control. (Mine was not a hard crash but it was across a river in the mountains of Idaho last Feb, could not cross the river the day of the crash. Map research that night showed I could get access the next day but area had snow over night so I could not find it. Fast forward to end of Sept before I could drive the 1000 miles and hike 4 miles to get it. Meanwhile some large mouth wildlife wanted to see if a Mavic Pro would be "lunch". That seemed to cause more issues than the crash and weather. . .)

Just reading over you shoulder in case I end up more along your repair path after my parts arrive.

Good luck in your repair, sorry I am of no help at this point!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder