DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Like so many things in life it all depends on his skill level and luck. If he can pull this off and the IMU is fine and no other internal parts are busted he will save a lot of cash. On the other hand he might get the external damaged fixed and then find out that the IMU is toast! I think the OP needs to power it up and send pictures of all 6 of those error messages plus some pictures from the IMU screen before going in any one direction.

Rob

I agree with you. He had said that he was getting "mostly visual errors and camera calibration and so on" but best to show pics of all the error screens before starting the repair, then eliminate the errors by repair one by one.

Ok, I take your point, so what is the OP and how do I go about what you are suggesting?

He is suggesting taking screen shots of all the error messages on your phone before you begin the repair, and if theres anything about IMU error, ESC error or other major component errors, you need to know that before you start the repair.

Thunder-drones has answered most of the question; I'll answer the easy bit (I know my place!).

OP means Original Poster, aka the person who started the thread, aka YOU, Blueflame2007.

Regards.

Thanks you Davidss, .....Sometimes its the simple stuff that trips you up.......Hopefully the repair is as simple.

Reactions: Former Member
OK Guys here is the screenshot, Gimbal clamp Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png was on when the screenshot was taken so this may account for gimbal overload message but not sure about this. I think same message was there when I first looked at this after crash and gimbal clamp was obviously off then.

He is suggesting taking screen shots of all the error messages on your phone before you begin the repair, and if theres anything about IMU error, ESC error or other major component errors, you need to know that before you start the repair.

Here is the screenshot as requested. I think the IMU is ok....its stating normal ......

Attachments

• Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png
    Mavic Errors Screenshot_20170501-223651.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 38
Important to take off the gimbal clamp and take some more screen shots. Can you do that?

I think one of your vision sensors took a hit. That part is $45 but simple to install.

Important to take off the gimbal clamp and take some more screen shots. Can you do that?

I think one of your vision sensors took a hit. That part is $45 but simple to install.

Ok Im sending you some pics of screenshots with the gimbal clamp off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170501-234611.png
    Screenshot_20170501-234611.png
    264 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20170501-234554.png
    Screenshot_20170501-234554.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20170501-234515.png
    Screenshot_20170501-234515.png
    182 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20170501-234454.png
    Screenshot_20170501-234454.png
    181 KB · Views: 44
Youre getting video, right?

Looks like your going to need at least the following:

Forward vision sensors $49
Gimbal flat ribbon cable $29
Right front arm $49
Shipping to the UK $12.00

Total if you ordered from me $139

Youre getting video, right?

Looks like your going to need at least the following:

Forward vision sensors $49
Gimbal flat ribbon cable $29
Right front arm $49
Shipping to the UK $12.00

Total if you ordered from me $139

OK, thanks for that. Why do you consider I need the forward vision sensors?

Youre getting both right and left vision sensor errors.

Yes agreed, I was hoping that was on account of the ribbon tear......but if you consider them a necessity by all means include them. By the way when I'm here with you do you supply or recommend a particular brand of ND filter.

Yes agreed, I was hoping that was on account of the ribbon tear......but if you consider them a necessity by all means include them. By the way when I'm here with you do you supply or recommend a particular brand of ND filter.

Best to take out the old sensor and take a look at it. I would look at the 2 ribbons on the sensor and see if they are torn.

Polar Pro Cinematic filters seem to be very popular. I own the Tacos and Im happy with them. Everyone should have at least a CP filter on their lens to protect the OEM lens from damage.

Best to take out the old sensor and take a look at it. I would look at the 2 ribbons on the sensor and see if they are torn.

Polar Pro Cinematic filters seem to be very popular. I own the Tacos and Im happy with them. Everyone should have at least a CP filter on their lens to protect the OEM lens from damage.

What a great story this has been. I hope he posts the repair with photos. Your help is stellar. Very good point for all of us on the soldering iron. I need to check mine. I seldom use it on circuit boards

Polar Pro Cinematic filters seem to be very popular. I own the Tacos and Im happy with them. Everyone should have at least a CP filter on their lens to protect the OEM lens from damage.[/QUOTE

OK, thanks for all that. I'm going on your ebay site now to place the order.

What a great story this has been. I hope he posts the repair with photos. Your help is stellar. Very good point for all of us on the soldering iron. I need to check mine. I seldom use it on circuit boards

Thanks. Circuit boards dont usually give me a hard time, but the size of the solder joint for the motor wires plus the high melting temperature of the solder, make it hard work with a normal iron. With my Hakko, it takes 2 seconds for the solder joint to break free. With my old Weller, it just couldnt do the job without damaging the boards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661