DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic Air into watery mud - now I have solid red light

Pretty much anything sold as "distilled water" is good enough. Walmart, grocery stores, all will have it as it's often used for steam irons, adding water to Pb batteries etc.

With contaminated water on the circuit boards, there's no telling what that red light means, as even that warning circuit can be compromised. Understand that the circuity boards and all the circuitry cannot behave as normal, so the red light info means essentially nothing except "no go" and frankly, you should not have powered it up to even look at the red light. The more often you power it up before it's cleaned and dried (completely) the more damage you can be doing.

Edit to add: If it goes into salt water or even fresh water that you would not drink, flush it with tap water as soon as possible to reduce the amount of galvanic corrosion that can occur even if you know the "rules" and don't try to power it up. Then, at the earliest opportunity, follow that with distilled water. Resist the temptation to try powering it up until it is completely dry. A fan and/or heater (on very low) can help..

Last edited:
Reactions: lannes
On the Mavic 2 a solid red light just means critical error with no more info. If it is blinking there are several meanings.
ok, noted, as feared, cheers

my hunch is it's the sensors on the back, it definitely did not fill with water, but some water seeped in where there were holes/gaps, some got on the gps and the main/core board in the gps area and some got in those censors for sure

ok, noted, as feared, cheers

my hunch is it's the sensors on the back, it definitely did not fill with water, but some water seeped in where there were holes/gaps, some got on the gps and the main/core board in the gps area and some got in those censors for sure

Did you get it in distilled water yet?

Most grocery stores carry distilled water in the bottled water section -at least in the US.

Most grocery stores carry distilled water in the bottled water section -at least in the US.

i just got some from the drain from my house a/c
i get 2-3 liters a day, anyway washed the contaminated parts down, dried, rinsed with isopropanol, will leave a couple of days to dry under a cloth in the sun and see, i'll try and rebuild it, if i get stuck i'll find someone who knows what they're doing

that's my drone before i killed it :(
that's the kind of stuff i use it for

Update - so i rebuilt it, same error

My guess is it's the connector in one of the photos attached or something connected to that, that's the main power and data connector that you can see, or appears to me to be damaged compared with the sensor connectors that appear perfect in the other photo, anyway i'll have to find a company to repair it

it was probably caused by the ten mins it sat in the water powered up

thanks for trying everyone

Attachments

• power con.jpeg
    power con.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
  • sensor con.jpeg
    sensor con.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 15
so i'm told now that just changing the core board out won't work because only approved dji outfits can change the core board or the esc board, apparently these boards and maybe other parts are paired, true? ideas anyone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803