DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic Pro

antmanv1

Reactions
But the good news is that I got it all on video. It was pilot error. I eased too close to a tree and vertically climbed right into a branch. DJI's excellent software led me right to the crashed bird where I recovered it and the separated battery in bushes. After assessing damage it appears that the only damage sustained was all the props and the gimbal vibration bracket. And a big dent in the rear body. The total cost of parts about $30. Where can I obtain a repair manual for a Mavic Pro?
Thanks.

there is no official repair manual for the drone as DJI don't want you opening it up yourself, that's why they put anti tamper glue into some of the screws that hold it together, to show it has been opened,there are plenty of videos on the web on how to repair different issues as the result of a crash, if you have care refresh you would be better using that if the drone is new

Only place I know of is to print it from the DJI website.
Sorry, thought you were looking for the owner manual.

Thanks. Another site I found helpful is Ifixit.com. I've been using them for cell phone repair and other electronics. I found several tutorials for the Mavic Pro. I'm now just waiting for the body shell to come from Amazon.
Attached are pix of the crash site and the drone damage. Parts came to about $30 on amazon. They are pretty reasonable. It's even cheaper if you order from China but I don't want to wait that long.

Attachments

• Drone Crash Site (Large).jpg
    Drone Crash Site (Large).jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Drone Crash Site_1 (Large).jpg
    Drone Crash Site_1 (Large).jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Drone Crash Site_3 (Large).jpg
    Drone Crash Site_3 (Large).jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Drone damage (Large).jpg
    Drone damage (Large).jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Drone damage_1 (Large).jpg
    Drone damage_1 (Large).jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Drone damage_2 (Large).jpg
    Drone damage_2 (Large).jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Drone damage_4 (Large).jpg
    Drone damage_4 (Large).jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Drone damage_3 (Large).jpg
    Drone damage_3 (Large).jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: charliesRig
Keep us updated on the repair. It sounds like you've got it under control :) That tree looked a little like this one
1578695910511.png

Reactions: charliesRig
But the good news is that I got it all on video. It was pilot error. I eased too close to a tree and vertically climbed right into a branch. DJI's excellent software led me right to the crashed bird where I recovered it and the separated battery in bushes. After assessing damage it appears that the only damage sustained was all the props and the gimbal vibration bracket. And a big dent in the rear body. The total cost of parts about $30. Where can I obtain a repair manual for a Mavic Pro?
Thanks.

there is none, it is one of the reasons they are called the apple of the drones, however if you can find the parts you should be able to do it without to much trouble.

Thanks.
So, I found another issue from the crash. The front left axis pin which holds the arm in place shears so I ordered a new one. About $9 on Amazon. $3 from China if you want to wait weeks.

Thanks.
So, I found another issue from the crash. The front left axis pin which holds the arm in place shears so I ordered a new one.IMG_20200113_111905.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_111533.jpg
    IMG_20200113_111533.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
So, I found another issue from the crash. The front left axis pin which holds the arm in place shears so I ordered a new one. About $9 on Amazon. $3 from China if you want to wait weeks.
Here's a picture of the front left arm attach point where the broken axis pin was located.IMG_20200113_111533.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911