DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed!

Not needed in intros Thunder ;)

Reactions: Former Member
Is this really the thread for cut/paste welcomes?

I've always found them a bit annoying and impersonal. "Oh a few new replies to that thread I was interested in, I'll check it out." Click it to find the only new replies are the same cut/paste responses I've seen 1000 times. I could probably quote them verbatim if I was drunk because I've seen them so many times lol.

If I had my way, you two would be banned. What you are doing by making new members unwelcome is essentially cyberbullying, and it has the possibility of scaring people away from contributing to this site. If they arent welcome, they wont contribute. This directly affects my business, especially since this is a crash thread.

If I had my way, you two would be banned. What you are doing by making new members unwelcome is essentially cyberbullying, and it has the possibility of scaring people away from contributing to this site. If they arent welcome, they wont contribute. This directly affects my business, especially since this is a crash thread.
Calm down bro. I said nothing negative at all toward the OP. I just said copy/paste intros were a bit impersonal, which they are. If me posting my opinion affects your business, maybe you need to find a different line of work. This is a forum after all, a place for discussion and opinions, of which you will find many. And cyberbullying??? That's a bit of a stretch there dont ya think?

And sorry OP for not welcoming you in my first post, but welcome to the forums. Sorry about your luck!

Reactions: msinger
Looks can be deceiving also. I was in my backyard and from the view on my display it appeared I was past the cable/telephone pole. As I went up it hit directly into the cable lines. Luckily for me the Mavic was able to free itself and continued to fly.

Sorry to hear, it happens... had my first real crash too after a year, happened just like yours.

hit some lines, it flipped around trying to stabilize, luckily it plopped onto its back into a pile of dust, that stuff that builds up from an off roading path.

that pavement hit is what most likely killed it. going to have it repaired?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crashed my Mavic pro, had it for two weeks, in the shop now, bummed. Collided with telephone wire and dropped to the pavement. I thought I was to careful to crash. Guess not.
A big welcome from Chicago. Live and learn, some times it can be very costly.
Mavic Pilots forum, is a very useful site to help you gain knowledge and experience and confidence when flying your Bird. A big help for myself has been Mavic Help, click on
Mavic tips. Which has a wealth of information. And, if you still have a problem with
understanding how to fix something, many on this forum are very helpful. So when you get your Bird back fly safe and have fun.

View attachment 41853

Yes, I do use a pre-made welcome. I also add some things on occasion. I am an administrator on all 12 of our forums so you can imagine the amount of time it would take for me to give each new member a personalized message. I would like to, but it just isn't feasible. I can only hope my "copy&paste" makes new members feel welcome.

I guess I could change it. :D What do you guys think of this...

Welcome-To-Stoogles.gif
Many thanks for all you do. I'm on three of them and I see your helpful posts.

Crashed my Mavic pro, had it for two weeks, in the shop now, bummed. Collided with telephone wire and dropped to the pavement. I thought I was to careful to crash. Guess not.

Altitude, Altitude, Altitude my friend!!!
I crashed mine in a similar situation but fortunately land in tall grass. My advice? When in doubt climb!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada