DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashing the Mavic Air

Thorn

Reactions
I recently took off from my back yard as I have done many times before. My drone hovered without issue. When I began to increase altitude and move forward, it started to wobble and become less responsive. I brought it back to below the level of my house and it became very difficult to control eventually crashing into a tree. Now one of the rear legs is broken and I am going to have to send it in. Even when I had let off on both sticks it would wobble and drift. Has anyone else had any of these issues? The only main difference is the outside humidity was very high. There were no warnings or issues during the preflight checklist.

I recently took off from my back yard as I have done many times before. My drone hovered without issue. When I began to increase altitude and move forward, it started to wobble and become less responsive. I brought it back to below the level of my house and it became very difficult to control eventually crashing into a tree. Now one of the rear legs is broken and I am going to have to send it in. Even when I had let off on both sticks it would wobble and drift. Has anyone else had any of these issues? The only main difference is the outside humidity was very high. There were no warnings or issues during the preflight checklist.
Without any logs being posted, the only guess I’d make is it sounds like it entered ATTI mode

Reactions: Paul2660
In atti mode with some swirling wind in a back yard can be entertaining

Are the propellers in good condition? No breakage whatsoever or cracks that's unnoticeable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121