DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy Prices! Thoughts?

DJI often sells and ships items via Newegg. For example, they are currently selling refurbished Mavic Pros here for $669.

Like when buying on Amazon/eBay, just make sure the seller is listed as DJI (or an authorized DJI dealer). You can find that information in the listing here:

View attachment 33147

Ummm this $669 price has already been stated, best to check what has been said to save us all having to read through the same response over and over again.

As you rightly state, Newegg is very reputable and have people on the end of phone lines to chat with in case something is not right with an order, so rest assured that it is safe to purchase from.

This would be a second drone for me to coexist with my Mavic Air. I always like to have a backup. So far I am really pleased with the Air. I am really torn between getting a second Air for backup or a Mavic Pro. My only gripe with the air is that it does lose connection about 1200ft from my house. I'd prefer more distance and less loss of signal. I am happy that when it says no RC signal at least does return home. One of the best things about the Mavic Air is the the camera has some protection. Most of my flying is done from patio. I live in Arizona so I have some nice scenery in my area.

Last edited:
As you rightly state, Newegg is very reputable and have people on the end of phone lines to chat with in case something is not right with an order, so rest assured that it is safe to purchase from.
Resellers on Newegg are no more reputable than resellers on Amazon or eBay. As I tried to point out, you should be verifying you're buying from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer when shopping on Newegg (rather than just resting on the fuzzy feeling that you're on Newegg's website). The shipper is the party sending you the product, so it's important to choose wisely.

Reactions: zwt100
This would be a second drone for me to coexist with my Mavic Air. I always like to have a backup. So far I am really pleased with the Air. I am really torn between getting a second Air for backup or a Mavic Pro. My only gripe with the air is that it does lose connection about 1200ft from my house. I'd prefer more distance and less loss of signal. I am happy that when it says no RC signal at least does return home. One of the best things about the Mavic Air is the the camera has some protection. Most of my flying is done from patio. I live in Arizona so I have some nice scenery in my area.

I wonder if someone like Titan Drones can supply an antenna mod for the Air? At least you'd have all the same equipment...batteries and what not.

Reactions: Springerdog1
I wonder if someone like Titan Drones can supply an antenna mod for the Air? At least you'd have all the same equipment...batteries and what not.

Why bother with an Air if you're going to entirely defeat the purpose of it being portable? Christ, why buy a Mavic series to begin with? If you're going to make it a huge hassle to bring along, you might as well just buy the superior P4A/P4P. Those will beat both the MA and the MP in range, absolutely destroy them in terms of video quality, battery life, and controller battery life.

It's like buying a sports car and cutting off the roof off of the back of it to make a pseudo-truck because the sports car had too many deficiencies, yet it still fails to even get close to the capabilities of a truck in the first place.

Why bother with an Air if you're going to entirely defeat the purpose of it being portable?

Err, because he already has one, wants a bit more range from his backyard and wants a second as a backup. My point is you already have the batteries, chargers and extra equipment. As far as distance goes, I didn't think the Phantoms could go out further than the Mavic Pro but if it's a distance thing only, yeah you'd have to factor that in as well and pick what best floats your boat. I can see a lot of good uses with the MA but it just depends on what you want or need. I'll probably end up with a second MP as a backup because I have the extras. My buddy wanted me to purchase his P3P but I bought the MP because of it's compact size which with all my extra equipment fits in a case smaller than his Phantom case.

Err, because he already has one, wants a bit more range from his backyard and wants a second as a backup. My point is you already have the batteries, chargers and extra equipment. As far as distance goes, I didn't think the Phantoms could go out further than the Mavic Pro but if it's a distance thing only, yeah you'd have to factor that in as well and pick what best floats your boat. I can see a lot of good uses with the MA but it just depends on what you want or need. I'll probably end up with a second MP as a backup because I have the extras. My buddy wanted me to purchase his P3P but I bought the MP because of it's compact size which with all my extra equipment fits in a case smaller than his Phantom case.

I appreciate your opinion. The Mavic Air is somewhat inconspicuous once you get it up to about 50 feet and reasonably quiet at that point. I am surprised that the little dogs in the neighborhood that bark at almost everything haven't started barking when they hear it. I am satisfied with it. Fits my needs. I choose to look at like it's no different then Southwest having an entire fleet of 737's. One of the reasons that they're usually profitable.

ive used newegg many years ago,no issues except they seem to cater alot towards refurbs of all types,i now use amazon because of free 2 days shipping and their inventory is tops,

How reputable is Newegg?

Generally very reputable and reliable. And they give EggPoints. I bought my MP from the DJI Store via Newegg and earned 50 EggPoints. Which was worth $50 on a future purchase. I buy all my computer stuff from them.

But keep in mind they are like Amazon in that they sell their own stuff, but list third party stuff. So make sure you know whom you dealing with.

Heck, my Air beats out the Phantom 4 in range every time I go for range.

I appreciate your opinion. The Mavic Air is somewhat inconspicuous once you get it up to about 50 feet and reasonably quiet at that point. I am surprised that the little dogs in the neighborhood that bark at almost everything haven't started barking when they hear it. I am satisfied with it. Fits my needs. I choose to look at like it's no different then Southwest having an entire fleet of 737's. One of the reasons that they're usually profitable.[/QUOTE
Why bother with an Air if you're going to entirely defeat the purpose of it being portable? Christ, why buy a Mavic series to begin with? If you're going to make it a huge hassle to bring along, you might as well just buy the superior P4A/P4P. Those will beat both the MA and the MP in range, absolutely destroy them in terms of video quality, battery life, and controller battery life.

It's like buying a sports car and cutting off the roof off of the back of it to make a pseudo-truck because the sports car had too many deficiencies, yet it still fails to even get close to the capabilities of a truck in the first place.
some people try to beat records with different drones, no harm no fowl

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elikruj