Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Critical low battery, swelling batteries after normal flight

Blaksony

Reaction score
Over the past month I’ve noticed that my batteries have a tendency to swell after a charge or doing a factory reset and normal flights. Two of my four batteries have suffered from catastrophic critical low battery failure, any help on why this is? The batteries are less than a year old

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Can’t answer your question... but I would contact DJI and/or seller, plus I would retire them from flight, even if used for updating,etc.

Blaksony

Reaction score
Uggh, I’ve had it. I’m selling this drone and buying a skidoo or an Autel

rofflecat

Reaction score
Is this a rather frequent issue with the Mavic line? I've got a Phantom that sits on a shelf because I had zero luck with the batteries, but a Spark that has had 0 issues. Have been considering an Air, but would hate to replace the Phantom with one trying to escape bad batteries, just to run into them again.

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have 10 batteries, each with over 200 hrs flight time and have only had one show swelling as well as very short (< a minute) flight times the others are working fine.
As a general trend I have noticed that the original flight times were 25-26 minutes and now are only 22-23 minutes in calm conditions.

lannes

Reaction score
Uggh, I’ve had it. I’m selling this drone and buying a skidoo or an Autel
It can happen to these brands as well, it's an issue with all li-po batteries

NOLADG

Reaction score
So far I have had good luck with all my batteries from DJI. I have just the original one on my Mavic Air and two for my Spark. However I am very familiar with how to take care of batteries and understand care is different for each type of battery. I suggest checking out Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University for more information than you probably want to know.... If I saw a battery swelling, I would get rid of it quickly and safely and purchase a new one.

Reactions: SpitFire

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
And1mavic