DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Critical low battery, swelling batteries after normal flight

Blaksony

Reactions
Over the past month I’ve noticed that my batteries have a tendency to swell after a charge or doing a factory reset and normal flights. Two of my four batteries have suffered from catastrophic critical low battery failure, any help on why this is? The batteries are less than a year old

Can’t answer your question... but I would contact DJI and/or seller, plus I would retire them from flight, even if used for updating,etc.

Uggh, I’ve had it. I’m selling this drone and buying a skidoo or an Autel

Is this a rather frequent issue with the Mavic line? I've got a Phantom that sits on a shelf because I had zero luck with the batteries, but a Spark that has had 0 issues. Have been considering an Air, but would hate to replace the Phantom with one trying to escape bad batteries, just to run into them again.

I have 10 batteries, each with over 200 hrs flight time and have only had one show swelling as well as very short (< a minute) flight times the others are working fine.
As a general trend I have noticed that the original flight times were 25-26 minutes and now are only 22-23 minutes in calm conditions.

So far I have had good luck with all my batteries from DJI. I have just the original one on my Mavic Air and two for my Spark. However I am very familiar with how to take care of batteries and understand care is different for each type of battery. I suggest checking out Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University for more information than you probably want to know.... If I saw a battery swelling, I would get rid of it quickly and safely and purchase a new one.

Reactions: SpitFire
I also come with a problem with batteries. For two years I had Mavic Air with the 3 batteries, after a few months, in the guarantee I received for the first time the message with a critical battery at 40-50%, the battery was dead, no longer lit. no led. As a guarantee I will receive a new one. The problem is that after a year still a battery has the same problem, at the last pick-ups it gave me a critical battery message starting with 30 to 80% but still it recharged even with 3 lights on, following the cells I did not go far, a cell he shows me a shout message everywhere ... Today at 70% he landed with the same message, but he no longer has a light on and no longer charges, he is dead as the first battery, only that it is no longer under warranty. I am deeply disappointed with these batteries that I took to the combo pack that have around 30-35 charges. PS. For spelling errors google translate is responsible.

Uggh, I’ve had it. I’m selling this drone and buying a skidoo or an Autel
If I were you, I would take a hard look at everything related to charging, discharging and care of your batteries. IMO, another brand will not be the answer you seek.

I have the Inspire I did have the original MP and now M2P zoom. I’ve never experienced one problem with any of those batteries and they have a lot of flight time on them. If you take care of those batteries recycle them and store them the way you should you should never have a problem with them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803