DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crystal sky 5.5 overheating

peteair75

Reactions
New Crystal Sky 5.5 displayed an "Overheating" warning on the first day I used it , after about an hour of flying.
The temperature of the day was only about 20 deg C in the sun /cloud. Has any one else had this ? thanks for any help .

New Crystal Sky 5.5 displayed an "Overheating" warning on the first day I used it , after about an hour of flying.
The temperature of the day was only about 20 deg C in the sun /cloud. Has any one else had this ? thanks for any help .

do you hear the CS fan working or is it silent ?

Reactions: peteair75
sounds like a default with your monitor. check see if the fans are running.

I have been using a ultra crystal sky 7.85 for over a year.....never had an issue

summer and winter months...works like a champ.

do you hear the CS fan working or is it silent ?
When I first switched it on at home (inside) , after about half an hour the fan started working . When I took it out for the first time to fly , the fan was not working , this is when it displayed the "Overheating" warning . Yesterday at home I did a factory reset, checked for firmware update, then fired it up and after about 15 minutes the fan was working . So I'll take it out for a fly soon . Thanks for your reply !

I have never had an overheating issue with my 5.5, even in 35 degree C heat outside, so if it still does it get it replaced as it sounds like an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15