DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal sky not setting HP

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
Just had a mate come round asking me about an issue he has with his crystal sky

When he powers on the app didnt say home point updated, in fact when he last flew it showed the HP as his house some 10 miles away

We tried with another controller and my Iphone and HP set

we tried with the controller that the CS was attached to with my phone and HP set

we then attached the CS to the spare controller and HP wouldnt set

BUT when I attached the CS to my home wifi (maps were blank until that point) then HP set fine

So does the CS need an internet connection all the time, or were we both just doing something wrong.

When he powers on the app didnt say home point updated, in fact when he last flew it showed the HP as his house some 10 miles away

we tried with the controller that the CS was attached to with my phone and HP set

BUT when I attached the CS to my home wifi (maps were blank until that point) then HP set fine

So does the CS need an internet connection all the time, or were we both just doing something wrong.
The Crystalsky monitor doesn't set a home point.
The drone sets the homepoint when it first gets good GPS location data.

The Crystalsky monitor doesn't set a home point.
The drone sets the homepoint when it first gets good GPS location data.

did you read the post properly ?

im fully aware of how home point works mate
The question was why didn’t home point set when the CS was used as a screen until the CS had a data connection.

it sets fine using any other device

There is no reason it wouldn't. Probably the drone just hadn't gotten a good enough GPS lock yet.

Reactions: Thomas B
did you read the post properly ?

im fully aware of how home point works mate
Yes ... but your awareness of home point setting can't be all that good if you think that something about the viewing device or an internet data connection would have any effect.
Even with no controller or viewing device connected, your drone records its home point.
The question was why didn’t home point set when the CS was used as a screen until the CS had a data connection.
it sets fine using any other device
Since the homepoint setting is totally independent of the screen device, it is also independent of any data connection the device might/might not have.
When he powers on the app didnt say home point updated
Not hearing the audible message doesn't necessarily mean that the home point hasn't been set.
But seeing the top screen go green and say GPS, is a clue that a home point has been set, as is having a distance showing in bottom left as it is the distance from the home point.
Until there's a home point, it shows N/A.

After the event, the recorded data would be the place to check to see if a home point was set or not and the reason for it.
, in fact when he last flew it showed the HP as his house some 10 miles away
That sounds odd.
The recorded flight data from that flight would be enlightening.
It would confirm the quality of GPS and what was actually happening with the home point.

Last edited:

Sounds like a malfunction. Use the CS almost daily over the last 2+ years and in all parts of Arizona (including remote desert) w/o a problem related to home point ... or any other problem

Just to clarify
Plenty of sats locked
Home point is locked and app states homepoint updated when using any other device.
CS does not announce home point set even when the motors are started unless it has an internet connection

how do I get the flight logs from the CS ?

Home point is locked and app states homepoint updated when using any other device.
CS does not announce home point set even when the motors are started unless it has an internet connection
With any device you can have the homepoint set, without the audible announcement coming up.

How do I get the flight logs from the CS ?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Or just post the .txt file here.

Shame the flight logs didn't turn up,that would have been enlightening.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada