DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky or not

Srm999

Reactions
I'm been getting frustrated with sun glare on phone monitor tried shades . I haven't seen a crystal sky in the feild and thinking of getting one . But have seen a few issues when Google it like software issues .
Good and bad can I get some advice please .

If you’re an iOS person, that may be a bad. If android, that could be a good.

I don't know if this is still relevant as have epsom moverio bt300 and it hasent updated and thats android aswell and just saw on a Google search issues with app not updated and some flying modes like active track . Point of interest. And with the mp2 can't use screen to move gimble left or right option .
I'm just being carfull that's all

I'm been getting frustrated with sun glare on phone monitor tried shades . I haven't seen a crystal sky in the feild and thinking of getting one . But have seen a few issues when Google it like software issues .
Good and bad can I get some advice please .
I own a few drones, and I love my Cs

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and Bobvt
got a 2000nits cheapo monitors mounted to my sc, all my sun and glare problems are gone.
Been looking at all the options for months. What brand/model # etc is your 2k nit monitor? Haven't found 2k nit in the cheapo category. Thx for sharing

Been looking at all the options for months. What brand/model # etc is your 2k nit monitor? Haven't found 2k nit in the cheapo category. Thx for sharing
Which 2000nits cheapo monitor are you using? Is it touch screen and can you pan the gimbal by touching the screen? Thanks
it's actually a pretty good monitor so it's not cheap but it's inexpensive compared to crystalsky equivalent. very bright but not a touchscreen. back on prime day, i had a $60 and some other discounts so i bought this:

compared to my smart controller, this monitor is much brighter. i'm not an expert flyer so it is really helpful to clearly see where i am flying and in the daytime, it makes all the difference. so sick of my smart phone, i had to upgrade. for this monitor, never an issue with battery life; my only complaint is i haven't figured out how to show camera on the monitor and map on the sc at the same time.

ma7u is $30 cheap on ebay (from china) and if you wait for an ebay promo or sale, you might be able to get it for 15% off. i mount it with a lifthor mount like this:

CS Ultra is by far the best. I am an IOS user for all electronics but the CS Ultra is by far the best for flying DJI Drones.
I agree 100%

I've just bought a CS 7.85 (non ultra bright), used it a few times now and it's much more visible in sunlight, massive improvement over a smartphone (Note 9).

There is a little glare off of the screen in strong sun so I've bought and fitted a matt screen protector, haven't flown since fitting it but I expect it to cut down on the glare.

I only use android so I have no issues with the OS. The version it uses is a stripped down system without all if the CPU sapping background processes that can slow a device down and in my limited use of the CS it hasn't missed a beat. I mount it to the RC with a polarpro flightdeck. My only small gripe was that I had to buy a phantom 3 professional charger to connect to the supplied dock as it doesn't come with one.

So far I am very happy with it [emoji106]

I have the 7" Ultra bright and the 5" standard brightness. the 7 UB is great to work with its larger screen but I keep the 5" for my grab n go pack. The 7" models are easier on my poor eyesight and help a bit in selecting operations on the touch screen. I haven't done an update lately and have had some issues with heat on the 7". Not sure if that is a problem anymore but the 5" has never had a heat issue. Still I miss the 7" UB when forced to use the 5".

Ok thanks guys for information
Have note 9 and thats around 800 nits and the sun is too bright sometimes . Will look at the ultra I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf