DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky recordings have lags.

Mike001

Reactions
I recently purchased the CrystalSky 7.85 display for my Mavik 2 Pro and have a question.

I have noticed when I record to the CrystalSky display utilizing the micro SD slots, there is a definite lag in the display. The recording that are on the Mavik are great just the CrystalSky recording seem to lag and jump. It almost seems as if the connection is lost and then regained a second or 2 later. All the connection readings are good for both the 4K back to the display and the remote to the Mavik. I have tried the display with out recording on the CrystalSky and it seems like the lags did not occur near as often.

I am seeing a few lags in a 5 minute video. I also noticed that when I set the record mode from the controller or the display or try to snap a picture with the controller or the display there is a definite lag between the time I make the selection and it actually occurs.

I have never noticed any of these issues using my iPhone.

Is this a setting that I am missing somewhere? Is there a configuration that is not correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

This is normal. The recordings on your Crystal Sky are from the wireless transmission and will include any lag / video anomalies that occurred during the flight’s broadcast back to your controller. Those videos should be used for reference only. The videos on your memory card will be better quality and usable for editing.

Reactions: Kilrah
Voltaic, I appreciate the reply. The lag is not in the recordings, as that would be expected with the explanation that you gave, although with the speed of the HD transmission those types of lags should be at a minimum.

The lags that I am referring to are in the display itself. The video transmission that is being displayed on the screen of the CrystalSky is jumpy. The response of commands from the CrystalSky to the Mavik also lag behind. As an example, I can send a shutter command for the camera to the Mavik and it can take seconds before the actual command occurs.

This is very annoying and did not occur when I was using my iPhone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have experienced some video lag but no control lag when paired to my Mavic Air. I would check for any firmware updates or do a complete reset of the Crystal Sky.

I switched from using an iPhone 8 and have had a much better experience with the 7.85” standard bright Crystal Sky, especially in terms of calculating exposure. I suspect there may be something else happening to your Crystal Sky. Which model did you go with?

I have the 7.85 standard bright CrystalSky.

I was also using the iPhone 8 Plus prior to the CrystalSky and it worked flawlessly. I received the CrystalSky less than a week ago, performed the recommended updates as requested when I powered on the unit.

I noticed the lags in the display and command lags with the very first flight. I have tried different settings in the setup. Have tried different record and cache settings but none of those changes have made a difference. When it is working it works beautifully, but the command lags and the lag in the display video is very concerning. The last thing I would want is to be in Sport mode and have a lag that resulted in a crash or a lost drone.

I’ll let someone else chime in. It this is not normal, at least in my experience...

I’ll let someone else chime in. It this is not normal, at least in my experience...

hello, i was experiencing the same
issue with my CS also... i have the CS/UltraBrite monitor... i did a lil'research & no luck, sooo i had contacted DJI-Customer Support & was told to do a "Hard Reset" from time to time just like you would with cellphones... on the CS press & hold the power button & go back(U shaped bottom button) together til it turns off & back on again... u wont lose any info nor settings but corrects the lag issue...also u can go onto developer options & turn off background running apps soo just the DJIGO4 app is only app running... worked for me! hope this helps...!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU