DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS 4.1.14 vs. anything later question

rfc

Reactions
In another thread I asked the question:

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 8.10.01 AM.png
Well, the Ultra showed up with 4.1.14 and the comment that the latest (V02.04.0600) was available.
I blew it with the bird, putting 04.0100 on it before spending more time reading, and wish not to make the same mistake with the CS.
I don't need fancy latest features. I value stability of the firmware/software over anything else. Thanks in advance for advice.

I always update ALL of my DJI devices/Platforms (goggles, CS UB, Spark, Mavic, P4P & I2) with the latest firmware and NEVER had an issue.

Reactions: BCF
The only issue is that the support for OTG for the Spark (e.g telemetry data) after v 4.1.15 is not there.

With other AC's there is no problem with 4.1.18 or 4.1.22, it's only the Spark OTG that cannot be used, with 4.1.15 OTG is working fine.

Last edited:
I'm looking for the post reporting overheating with 4.1.18. I have enough things to worry about. Seems it might just be easier to update away. By summer, when the overheating might become a factor, there will probably be new firmware/software anyway.

I'm looking for the post reporting overheating with 4.1.18. I have enough things to worry about. Seems it might just be easier to update away. By summer, when the overheating might become a factor, there will probably be new firmware/software anyway.

I can confirm that with 4.1.18 (bundled with the latest CS firmware) that both my Ultra and 5.5 are running hotter, especially around the back closest to the USB ports. In earlier versions, there were no hotshots anywhere on the CS's. I'm not sure if there is a cpu/gpu problem with 4.1.18 but even DJI has moved away from this version in the mainstream IOS and Android version.

The cooling fans in both monitors come on as soon as you turn them on, they never came on in earlier versions, this indicates everything is running hotter

However, I haven't experienced any issues with over heating yet, these would traditionally appear in increased latency, HD signal loss and pixelation. You would still have control over the AC due to the strong link between the controller and itself , it's just the live feed back to the CS that would breakdown.

So it's not really a catastrophic situation

Last edited:
@lannes Doe your CS get hot after a prolonged period of use? Just asking because I haven't had I chance to really test mine out due to weather here in the Northeast US.

@lannes Doe your CS get hot after a prolonged period of use? Just asking because I haven't had I chance to really test mine out due to weather here in the Northeast US.

Yes, both start to warm up after about 5 minutes.

The fact that both get hot, leads me to think it must be 4,1.18 as that is the only thing that has changed

I've got the same exact problem as lannes. Brand new CS. Out of the box I activated and updated immediately. I'm getting the overheat warning while merely going through settings in DJI Go4. I'm indoors and not even flying.

I've got the same exact problem as lannes. Brand new CS. Out of the box I activated and updated immediately. I'm getting the overheat warning while merely going through settings in DJI Go4. I'm indoors and not even flying.
I haven't encountered that yet and I've been "goofing off" with it on for about 15 minutes

Is it connected to the drone? I didn't get my warning until playing with it for a while while connected to the drone.
Not connected, just sitting on my desk. I will connect now and report back

Reactions: OVERWATCH
Just ran my CS on highest brightness connected to AC for 30 minutes and no issues. Heck I even did the RC update.

Just ran my CS on highest brightness connected to AC for 30 minutes and no issues. Heck I even did the RC update.

So sad. It's like I can never catch a break with this drone... Could I have gotten a lemon? But then again. a few other folks have also reported this here and at the DJI Forum... Did you power off or are you still testing?

So sad. It's like I can never catch a break with this drone... Could I have gotten a lemon? But then again. a few other folks have also reported this here and at the DJI Forum... Did you power off or are you still testing?
I powered off after about 33 minutes

I'll test mine tonight and see how long before the warning comes up. Maybe it was a one off scenario. Fingers-crossed. I'll report back. Thanks for checking on your end.
You're welcome, let me know how you make out.

I've been flying with several friends all who have either 5" or 7" monitors and none of us have had an issue yet. But it's not exactly warm out this time of year. We just got the one guys monitor working yesterday. He's headed to Mexico in a couple of weeks so I'll caution him about it.

Did the fans come on at all during the 33 minutes, I'm not sure if it's standard for the fans to come on, it's just that previously mine never did at anytime ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint