DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CT State Parks - Special Use Permits

Mavic Mac

Reactions
FYI for CT pilots.

Last fall I contacted the local park ranger for the park I wanted to fly and film in. She advised that I need a Special Use Permit and gave me the contact info. I called the D.E.E.P to obtain the permit. When I called last fall, they stated that they were not issuing permits at that time a year and to call back in April or May.

I contacted D.E.E.P today and left a voice message. The lady from D.E.E.P called me back and advised that D.E.E.P. would issue a Special Use Permit for R.C. aircraft and helicopters but drones are prohibited in state parks. She said she wasn’t even sure why, but it was the administration's decision.

She was kind enough to say she would ask again and let me know if there is any change in the policy.

So as of now no drones in the state parks ?

Last edited:
Sad for sure, probably needs a legal battle to gain your rights back.
You've been here a while, have you seen this epic battle and win ?

The lady with whom I spoke was polite and also admitted she was new in her position in the Special Use Permits section. She said she would inquire again and get back to me if there were any changes.

I figured I would wait a few days to see what transpires and then decided on my course of action, considering this is a state ruling not a local ordinance contrary to state law.

I'd ask for the statute and look it up myself. If indeed quads are specifically discriminated against, contact your state legislature and governor.

Strange since RC helos and planes are harder to fly and need more space than quads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser