DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cue the mass cancelling of Mavic orders

The camera is obviously very nice, but for me the Mavic Pro's camera is perfectly adequate for the amateur film maker. Portability of the Mavic outweighs everything I've seen on the Phantom 4 Pro. I'd love to have both, but happy with my Mavic purchase at the minute.

Those at the back of the line for Mavics are now at the front for P4Pros. Wonder if they will actually start shipping next week.

Those at the back of the line for Mavics are now at the front for P4Pros. Wonder if they will actually start shipping next week.
We'll see.. I just ordered... said shipping in 1 to 2 weeks.

The battery is different. Perhaps they are compatible though.

So with dual rear vision optical sensors, and left and right infrared optical sensors added to the P4, it now has collision avoidance in all directions except for what's directly overhead.

I can see an overlap, but the Mavic size has it for me. I think I'd stick with the Mavic, it suits my purposes better, but they are both astonishingly good in their own realms. Is there any competition?

the image quality from the 1 inch sensor will be nice i think the thread title is spot on.. mass cancellations for the mavic pro.. he he..

trog

I have been trying to cancel my Mavik for a week now (before I knew the P4Pro was coming out) and got no response from DJI. I decided to dispute the charge since they failed to respond, glad I did. Portability is nice but the added features on the Pro are very appealing.

Reactions: Slat
Was JUST gonna post this. You know the Mavic Pro (Pro ? or Mavic Pro 2) will have 360 degree obstacle avoidance, a better camera, and maybe a controller that can use a DJI screen. It'll probably be $999 or $1299

Exactly. DJi is following the Apple template. Features will flow down from the higher range devices on a regular basis, necessitating an upgrade every two years or so.

I asked them to un-cancel my cancellation yesterday (due to the NewEgg hoax). So I guess I may ask them to un-cancel, my un-cancel to the cancellation. #MassExodus

Looks like neither the Inspire 2 nor the Phantom 4 Pro utilize Ocusync. Both still have lightbridge technology. I wonder if that was simply to keep compatibility with controllers, or if there's some other reason to not adopt the newer technology, which seems to provide a stronger connection over a longer range.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54