DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curious Hawk

AVLJMA

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was hovering about 150 above my house with the intention of getting pictures to plan out some landscaping. Suddenly a hawk took an interest in my drone. He circled a couple of times, each time getting closer. I yawed and pitched left and right to try and discourage him. Nothing worked. I think he finally got tired and landed on a parking lot light post.
I decided to try and make friends but he just screamed at me. I have a long video but I pulled 2 stills from that.
Has anyone ever experienced bird curiosity?
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 5.17.47 PM.png

Yep ... a lot of birds are territorial, I'm always staying clear from them both for their & my sake. Best way to get away if surprised by birds that try to scare you away is to ascend full stick as they can't keep up in that direction ... then slip away to the side.

Yep ... a lot of birds are territorial, I'm always staying clear from them both for their & my sake. Best way to get away if surprised by birds that try to scare you away is to ascend full stick as they can't keep up in that direction ... then slip away to the side.
Good to know. Thanks.

Reactions: slup
Seems like I always attract buzzards when I'm flying, they never get real close but they sure come around for a look.

Territorial and protecting young and nest sites. I suppose the term
bird of prey is a giveaway really.

Mostly luck since I just so happened to be flying my MM2 backwards which I don't usually do, but a bit of skill to properly react and follow without hiccups :p

Reactions: NAVMAV
Hawks / falcons are the worst. We have a lot of them in Western NC and always on watch for them - as they have no fear of dive bombing your drone. Would they actually attack the drone - maybe!

Best to just keep an eye out for them and move away when necessary.

Reactions: AVLJMA
I was hovering about 150 above my house with the intention of getting pictures to plan out some landscaping. Suddenly a hawk took an interest in my drone. He circled a couple of times, each time getting closer. I yawed and pitched left and right to try and discourage him. Nothing worked. I think he finally got tired and landed on a parking lot light post.
I decided to try and make friends but he just screamed at me. I have a long video but I pulled 2 stills from that.
Has anyone ever experienced bird curiosity?
View attachment 125667

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin