DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current ETA of the Mavic II?

DJI doesn't give estimates and none of the "leaked" information has been confirmed by a reputable source.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I think DJI and Autel are trying to wait each other out. Autel doesn’t want to be victimized by DJI like they did with GoPro.

The book you are thinking of the answer is 42. Sheldons number is 43
LOL of course you're right! Mixed those up. Read it more than 20 years ago. Sheldon is super funny as well.

According to the supercomputer Deep Thought the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything was 42 (in Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). It turns out however that this number may be subject to localised quantum relativity effects......

So Sheldon might have been right with 43.

Not sure where anyone in the world even got the Idea a Mavic Pro 2 would even be made, this all started by people wishing and wanting, not something real or anything suggested by DJI .... Its nice to Dream, but thats more than likely all it will be....

My Mavic has been out of commission for a couple of weeks due to "Gyroscope error". I have a replacement camera barrel on order from China -- It should be here between now and 4 weeks...

Anyways, I've been jonesing to fly (the 2+ week widthdraw is killing me). I've thought about picking up a used MP to fly in the meantime (and to have as a spare), but what's the point, right? Last night I was looking at the Phantom 4 Pro (wow, I didn't know it included a screen display for the RC), but again why? The P4P looks cool, but I like the small size/portability of the MP for hiking/etc. And I'm hearing there's rumors of a Phantom 5 coming.

I wonder what's going to arrive first: my replacement camera or the MP2 announcement?

Getting an MP2 announcement would be nice, but it would be followed by another wait for the product to hit the store shelves. (Life is a tease...)

EDIT: P4P+ (note the "Plus") comes with a 1080 display). I just noticed there's a difference between P4P and a P4P+

Last edited:
The Phantom 4 Pro Advanced has the small screen, 5.5 1000nit. Not to be confused with the smaller Crystalsky. I thought they were the same at first. The pro by itself has no screen.

I am also very close to purchase of a P4 Pro, no screen as I have a crystalsky. The main issue I have is noise and the fact that the P4 no matter where it flies is quite a bit louder. Noise is the 1st thing I see as a complaint. But the P4 is also much larger and just doesn't pack down as well if at all.

The Mavic PP offers a very quiet flight, even quieter than a Spark as the Spark has a much higher pitch/whine to the props and you can just pick it up by sound. I can rarely hear a MPP once it's over 200' and love that feature.

IMO the range is great without any additional add on features to the controller. The controller has a screen which can help you if you do happen to disconnect, which the P4 doesn't have (no built in screen on controller). Love the portability and 30 minute time on batteries. Overall construction is great, except the Gimbal design which to me is very fragile and is prone to resetting or other strange anomalies in flight.

The camera is the weak link and it's a pretty weak link. The Mavic can take great stills however you have very little range in DR for recovery (raw). With the current sensor having a variable aperture would be a total waste IMO since much past wide open you won't get enough light unless on a bright day.

If the follow on to the MPP, (there will be something coming as a follow on, that is just process). The Evo is coming soon and they have pointed to one version with a 1" sensor.

If they can figure out a way to get 1" inside the MPP II or whatever the next generation is, that will be a huge game changer. And if they can keep the prop noise the same or close even better. The 1 1/7" sensor that now is being spoken about is better, but still only 12MP and no where near the size of the 1", so DR in ranges past base ISO will be limited.

They have a great lineup now, so they may just wait to let Autel/Evo make the next move.

Paul Caldwell

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki