DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current ETA of the Mavic II?

So, you think an aircraft with some less desirable features (e.g. reduced battery life & flight range) was released to replace the Mavic Pro? Only time will tell of course, but it would be quite odd if that turns out to be the case.
Yes, remember the Phantom 3 standard, the Phantom 4? They were the base models, then the Advanced and pro models were released etcetera.

So, you think an aircraft with some less desirable features (e.g. reduced battery life & flight range) was released to replace the Mavic Pro? Only time will tell of course, but it would be quite odd if that turns out to be the case.

It´s quite possible the Mavic 2 will be a ground based drone with 4WD and no camera at all, but with an advanced audio module that continuously plays „Sweet Caroline“ (if only to throw the competion a curveball)

:D :D :D

Reactions: joejaxvic123
with an advanced audio module that continuously plays „Sweet Caroline“
Get ready for the complaints to roll in when that song is not customizable...

Reactions: Aerial West
It´s quite possible the Mavic 2 will be a ground based drone with 4WD and no camera at all, but with an advanced audio module that continuously plays „Sweet Caroline“ (if only to throw the competion a curveball)

:D :D :D
It will probably be front drive until the mavic 3

there will be new drone(s) , more advanced and much more sophisticated. This is never ending technology otherwise we would still be watching B/W TVs

I also think besides the 4WD, dji will install rear differentials for rear rotors :D

Last December, I was told by someone who "should know" that the Mavic II (or whatever it will be called) will be announced in 2018 Q2 and released in Q3 or Q4.

Whether my source is right or wrong, a new updated Mavic-like quad is inevitable, by DJI and others. As the state of the art and competition develops, we will see at least: greater range; higher speed; better camera; all-around, close-quarter OA (especially in "follow-me" mode); longer flight time; more sophisticated intelligent flight modes; centimeter-accurate GPS; redundant "find-my-drone" systems; mission-complete and RTH upon loss of signal.

A few years may pass before we see all this stuff, and maybe not all on the same drone. But we all know they're comin'. Gives us something to look forward to as we enjoy today's Mavic.

Last December, I was told by someone who "should know" that the Mavic II (or whatever it will be called) will be announced in 2018 Q2 and released in Q3 or Q4.

Whether my source is right or wrong, a new updated Mavic-like quad is inevitable, by DJI and others. As the state of the art and competition develops, we will see at least: greater range; higher speed; better camera; all-around, close-quarter OA (especially in "follow-me" mode); longer flight time; more sophisticated intelligent flight modes; centimeter-accurate GPS; redundant "find-my-drone" systems; mission-complete and RTH upon loss of signal.

A few years may pass before we see all this stuff, and maybe not all on the same drone. But we all know they're comin'. Gives us something to look forward to as we enjoy today's Mavic.
RTH upon loss of signal has been built into flight controllers for years.
The rest of that is just someone talking out of their butt.

We're waiting for your unboxing video
It's coming, but fair warning; it's going to be boring, and you'll get mad at me for ripping the boxes open, throwing them, throwing the manuals away, and my general self righteous attitude will result in you clicking the back button, and therefore you missing me flying it like a 12 year old spoiled brat who thinks it's a race quad who crashed it and blames it on dji and gives it a bad rating because it's just a piece of junk. Stand by....

Some can tell me were it say will be a mavic pro 2!?!
There's nowhere that says there will or won't be, but it's as likely that DJI abandons their Mavic Pro line as the iPhone X is the last iPhone.

The dev cycle with these is years out like every other bit of high tech. The replacement for the Mavic 2 is already in development.

The Mavic Air chassis was never intended to replace the Mavic 2, but sensor tech did come along, and the lesser chassis got a better sensor. That's what caused so much confusion and debate... but it's really sort of simple if you think about it.

It's coming, but fair warning; it's going to be boring, and you'll get mad at me for ripping the boxes open, throwing them, throwing the manuals away, and my general self righteous attitude will result in you clicking the back button, and therefore you missing me flying it like a 12 year old spoiled brat who thinks it's a race quad who crashed it and blames it on dji and gives it a bad rating because it's just a piece of junk. Stand by....
Tough crowd...no worries, I think Casey will beat me to it....

More than two months passed and there is no new firmware update for the MP. I hope it's not being neglected unless something new is coming

More than two months passed and there is no new firmware update for the MP. I hope it's not being neglected unless something new is coming

Do we really need it? If the device is stable, firmware is not necessary. About the only thing is if enough people complain that they want the dorky shots the Air can do, then they may release a newer version that allows it to do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190