DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current iPad 9.7

1cmathis

Reactions
Okay, I've read all the iPad 9.7 references in the forums, but I'm confused. Some refer to the "iPad Pro 9.7". I don't see that Apple makes a "Pro 9.7". Am I missing something?

My question is, is anyone using the iPad 9.7 (currently on Apple's web site) with the Mavic 2 Pro?

I'm moving from a Ipad Air 2 to that model. It will work wonderfully. It will require a seperate holding bracket.

Reactions: 1cmathis
I don't see that Apple makes a "Pro 9.7"
That's the very first generation of the Pro series. (March 2016) and is no longer produced and Apple has newer models such as the 3rd gen Pro 11" and 12.9".

is anyone using the iPad 9.7
Yes. I am using that with most of my aircraft without any problems. (along with DJI's CrystalSky monitor)

Thanks guys.

And is it true that the the cellular model iPad is better if I want to do Active Track and have it follow me?

Thanks guys.

And is it true that the the cellular model iPad is better if I want to do Active Track and have it follow me?
If you want active track yeah. Other than that not worth it to me to get cell model. You can get the 2018 iPad on sale for $249 now. I have not missed having cell connection on the ipad. Maps are cached and good to go. Have you ever used active track? I have m2p and air and never used active track lol.

If you want active track yeah. Other than that not worth it to me to get cell model. You can get the 2018 iPad on sale for $249 now. I have not missed having cell connection on the ipad. Maps are cached and good to go. Have you ever used active track? I have m2p and air and never used active track lol.
A cell model is not required for Active Track. It uses the camera for that.

I have been using nothing but the 9.7 Ipad pro for all my drones I fly 2 Inspire 1 Pros A Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom I have no issues with any of them. In fact, I would not use anything but the IPad. Below is a pic of three of them hooked to one of my Inspire 1 pro's IMG_0426.JPG

A cell model is not required for Active Track. It uses the camera for that.

Earlier DJI drones had the ability to track and follow the controller's GPS location.. (My Phantom 4 had both optical and GPS tracking).. But it appears that the GPS option has been deleted from the M2. As you say.. It's all optical now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini