DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current owners, would you buy a Mavic3 without the tele lens?

The tele lens is super useful..... just not quite up to the quality of the main lens. I'm all for the rumored M3 Classic to get folks onboard that don't want the Tele lens. But for me, bring on the Mavic 3 Ultra Pro with a 1" or greater sensor for the Tele
I’m still using my Inspire 1 Pro with the Olympus 14-42mm lens for good telephotos. If they made the Mav3 as you described I’d probably be tempted to switch main drones. As you know the Pro has a 4/3” sensor already and the ability to change to a variety of lenses. I use an extended battery pack to get 20 minute flights. You can’t argue with the big dog!!! For now….

Reactions: Garatshay
as the title asks-how useful is the tele lens to your individual needs? Would you miss it?
I absolutely would still buy it without the tele lens. I never use it even with the improvements DJI have made. The 3 even without the tele has so many advantages over the 2S (and no disadvantages other than cost) It's a no brainer for me.

I'd buy a Mavic 3 with ONLY the telephoto camera.. as long as it was about 20 megapixels and a 1 inch sensor. A drone with a telephoto that is just as good as the wide angle would be perfect.

as the title asks-how useful is the tele lens to your individual needs? Would you miss it?
They are deleting the zoom feature in the new M3. Appears to be an upgrade. Maybe so.

as someone who is flying a Mini 3, contemplating an upgrade, while keeping the Mini 3, the obvious upgrades, at least, in DJI drones are the Air 2S or the Mavic 3.

for me, after using the plus batteries on the Mini 3 I do not want to downgrade potential flight time that would come with the Air 2S. So that would be one big checkmark in the Mavic 3's favor

another checkmark in the Mavic's favor is the much larger sensor that upgrades video/photo quality

and a 3rd checkmark in my mind has been that telephoto lens. I would assume the camera on the 'new' Macic 3 classic has digital zoom up to 4X...? Would that have superior video quality to the video of the smaller camera's 7X zoom? How often do people capture video or photos above the 4X zoom level?

anyway, the one big checkmark in favor of the Air 2s is price.

So my big question is for those people who value that 2nd camera. How much of a discount below the $2050 price tag of the Mavic 3 would it take for you to consider the Mavic 3 Classic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman