DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CUSTOM DRONE CASE for < $41.00 USD

Drone-Retriever

Reactions
Recently I was flying and several people saw my drone case and asked many questions and suggested that I post a video on it. So here it is. Hope it helps someone.
Background:
My primary reason for making it was that I wasted a lot of time setting up the remote. Additionally having the phone above the remote was much better than the DJI location. Unfortunately hooking everything up took a long time. With the phone above the remote adding a simple homemade sun shade works great in conjunction with the phone now being at a greater angle.
I also have a dedicated phone so the phone remains with the controller.
With this case I can simply release the sides of the sunshade and place it into the case and go.
The perimeter of the case is metal covered with fabric outside and neoprene foam on the inside. The top and bottom are soft sided. As long as on object larger than the case is placed over the top nothing inside will get crushed.
Total weight as packed in attached video if about 10 lbs.
It also works as a takeoff/landing pad when the site is not suitable.

Reactions: M-A-C and bobec231
The Amazon unit has better & adjustable straps to keep the lid partially open. Wish they had this when I purchased mine.
If it looks like this one the sides are metal as it appears they are all made by the same company.
Side note: You can remove their logo that is printed on the front top cover with "Lacquer Thinner"

Recently I was flying and several people saw my drone case and asked many questions and suggested that I post a video on it. So here it is. Hope it helps someone.
Background:
My primary reason for making it was that I wasted a lot of time setting up the remote. Additionally having the phone above the remote was much better than the DJI location. Unfortunately hooking everything up took a long time. With the phone above the remote adding a simple homemade sun shade works great in conjunction with the phone now being at a greater angle.
I also have a dedicated phone so the phone remains with the controller.
With this case I can simply release the sides of the sunshade and place it into the case and go.
The perimeter of the case is metal covered with fabric outside and neoprene foam on the inside. The top and bottom are soft sided. As long as on object larger than the case is placed over the top nothing inside will get crushed.
Total weight as packed in attached video if about 10 lbs.
It also works as a takeoff/landing pad when the site is not suitable.
Nice Case concept
I have a question related to a test that you show on your site.
It is the rain test.
My question: was the drone used in the video flown after the test and if so what effect did the rain have on the drone?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan