DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customize the insert in drone carrying case

lomposlapos

Reactions
For my shoots, I carry 6 batteries, 1 controller, a power pack, 1 drone, 2x4 props, 7 filters, and a USB cord.

I have not seen a factory-made case that is designed for this configuration. (They are typically designed for less batteries and to include chargers.)

I am looking for ideas, solutions, etc. how I can make, order, configure, etc. a custom insert (i.e., customizing or custom-making from scratch something like the "EVA support" in the enclosed image) that holds the above gear. Open to any suggestions from 3D printing to DIY at home solutions...

51DbbVo2CUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Have you looked at Apache?

Reactions: mrnavy2
The hard case is not an issue. The customization insert is. Pick and pluck foam does not last long around edges and in 1 layer walls.

The hard case is not an issue. The customization insert is. Pick and pluck foam does not last long around edges and in 1 layer walls.
I have heard of people using Plasti dip spray to coat and solidify the foam. I plan on trying this myself later in the year.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
The Apache case with pick-and-pluck-and-Plasti-Dip has been *very* popular with photographers using Godox strobe gear - The AD200, AD400Pro, and AD600Pro crowd are all ecstatic about it. It's what I use for my AD400Pros.

I plan to make one for my MA2 soon.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
I have designed a custom insert for a Pelican 1510 case from mycasebuilder.com and hope to get it this week. I've got room for all that you mentioned plus a total of ten batteries. I'll post pics when I get it.

Custom build your own insert. They've done my Mavic Air Pelican case and my GoPro case. Very pleased.

I have place for 8 batteries if I want/need. and all I need, cable Parabolic booster, yagi , spare props, micros sd cards and adaptor etc.. I Love my case ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18