DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I finally found a compact hard case for the Mini 4 that suits my needs.

Evmoius

Reactions
Migitec Waterproof Hard Carrying... Amazon.com

I like how it's reletively compact for a hard case, you can slide it into a backpack if needed, but still very robust and able to hold all my basic gear. Most of the others I tried were either way to bulky or were limited in storage. It's also possible to keep the sticks installed on the controller. I 3D printed a protector for them as well for more protection.

Attachments

• PXL_20240106_160632197~2.jpg
    PXL_20240106_160632197~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20240106_161210101.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240106_161210101.MP.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20240106_160818554~2.jpg
    PXL_20240106_160818554~2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20240106_160610311~2.jpg
    PXL_20240106_160610311~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
I seen others review this case on YouTube and they have given it very good review. I like your controller stick guards. It is a pain to have to put on and take off all the time.

I still use the soft case since I often carry my drones in a backpack on my motorcycle and the hardcase would make them too big. But, to travel by car or airplane, they are great!

But, you mention you can still slide into a backpack, so I may need to get one. I think the one for the Mini would be okay but the one for the Air 3 would certainly be too big for my backpack.

I have a MotoLoot backpack and I can fit both drones in their soft cases and a landing pad in it. If I get a hard case, I would only be able to take one drone.

You need to start selling those stick guards that you 3D printed. I think a lot of people would buy them.

@Abner055

While I do design and print a lot of parts for drones, that stick guard isn't one of mine. I was going model one, but there were already some solid designs on thingiverse so I just went with one of them.

Yeah, I still prefer the soft case if I'm going to be hiking. Much lighter and more compact than any hard case could be. But this one does fit in my packs with some room to spare if the need arises.

@Abner055

While I do design and print a lot of parts for drones, that stick guard isn't one of mine. I was going model one, but there were already some solid designs on thingiverse so I just went with one of them.

Yeah, I still prefer the soft case if I'm going to be hiking. Much lighter and more compact than any hard case could be. But this one does fit in my packs with some room to spare if the need arises.
I wish more cases would be made in this way:
Not having to fold up the drone is a big plus in my books.
Here is one for the mini 4 drone:

Reactions: EyesWideShut
@Abner055

Where could one get that stick guard? I like the case but I have concerns about protection of the sticks if left on the controller, and I don't want to have to remove them every time I put it in storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas