DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customizing Smart Controller Control Stick Modes?

dog_and_ape

Reactions
Waiting for my Mav2 and Smart Controller to arrive. My preferred control mode would be Mode 1 with the left and right sticks reversed. Im most comfortable using the left stick to "position" along the vertical plane (vertical and lateral movement) and using the right stick for heading (yaw and forward/backward). Does anyone know if there is a way to customize a fourth mode? I doctored up a simple image here below.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.37.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.45.11 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.37.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.37.41 AM.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
d_and_a: I understand why you want to use a mode other than the default but you should be aware of the fact that if you fly anyone else's drone, odds are the controls will be reversed so be careful.

I always fly mode one. Its just what i learned with 40 odd years ago.
I can fly mode 2 though and practice this occasionally as it is the mode that some of my students have already started with. Students starting fresh get taught on mode 1.
Never seen anyone using another mode

Some users, like myself have better use of one hand over another, and changing the controls can benefit this (lack of a better word) handicap [emoji6]

Hey guys need some help !!
I’m Left handed, used to DJI Remote standard,left stick up to get the aircraft up ! How can I have the same default on the smart controller! Thank you ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx