DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cydia impactor not working

Hey Brett, Today after so many days battling with the virtual box i deleted it and loaded vm ware player and installed macos high sierra on it, got my iphone etc to be able to show on guest pc and followed your video step by step and voila it works 100% A VERY BIG THANK YOU for this. Just 1 more thing, do i have to resign the app every 7 days like wiht cydia of does it stay like that forever

So glad you got it working! I’m pretty sure you have to resign it every 7 days but I haven’t gone a full 7 days with it so I’m not totally sure. You may only have to resign it with iOS app signer and then install with Xcode so it will take a whole lot less time.

HI Pross, thanks got it working on vm ware, how do i load that script of yours and where do i load it to get the rename done

Sure if you have trouble with the script I noticed that in IOS signer there’s actually a option to rename the “display name” and IOS will re-sign and rename the IPA at the same time

Sure if you have trouble with the script I noticed that in IOS signer there’s actually a option to rename the “display name” and IOS will re-sign and rename the IPA at the same time
Hi Brett i tried that but it just loaded the file onto my phone as dji go4 same as the normal app, both works but

So glad you got it working! I’m pretty sure you have to resign it every 7 days but I haven’t gone a full 7 days with it so I’m not totally sure. You may only have to resign it with iOS app signer and then install with Xcode so it will take a whole lot less time.
Cool, thanks so much for the help

Hi Brett, Tell me how you are resigning the app, mine expired and when I try to resign only it fails and gives an error no valid provisioning profile found, the only way I could get the app back on my phone is by starting the process again and renaming the app to another name.

Hi Brett, Tell me how you are resigning the app, mine expired and when I try to resign only it fails and gives an error no valid provisioning profile found, the only way I could get the app back on my phone is by starting the process again and renaming the app to another name.

Yea I’ve been doing the same thing. There’s probably a way to get around it but I haven’t tried to hard to figure it out. I think you could probably transfer the app files from the original to the new app to get all your preferences saved to the new app using iTunes maybe

If you purchase a developer license then you won’t need to do that. It’s around $100, but when you do the math (time = money) it sure beats going through the process every week.

If you purchase a developer license then you won’t need to do that. It’s around $100, but when you do the math (time = money) it sure beats going through the process every week.

I hear ya but it really only takes 3 minutes a week. I was ready to do it even before Cydia impactor stopped working but with this new method it’s just so straight forward once you know how to do it, I think I can put that $100 to better use my personal opinion.

You don’t have to rename it. You can load the same app with the same name as many times as many times as you’d like

One thing that’s cool is you can unzip the ipa and then mess around with the app and it’s resources. Then rezip and sign with code signer app and side load with Xcode the same way!

Just for fun I changed the audio clips the app plays so like instead of the woman saying “Takeoff!” I have Larry the cable guy saying “get her done!”

And instead of “the homepoint has been recorded please check it on the map” I have “honey, I’m home!”

Just stupid stuff like that so far but I intend to modify it even more

One thing that’s cool is you can unzip the ipa and then mess around with the app and it’s resources. Then rezip and sign with code signer app and side load with Xcode the same way!

Just for fun I changed the audio clips the app plays so like instead of the woman saying “Takeoff!” I have Larry the cable guy saying “get her done!”

And instead of “the homepoint has been recorded please check it on the map” I have “honey, I’m home!”

Just stupid stuff like that so far but I intend to modify it even more
Thanks For the reply Brett, Thats cool that you managed to changed those things, yup it does take a few minutes to reload the app via Xcode only but I get a lot of errors for names, when using Apple ID to sign these apps the bundle identifier asks for new names every 7 days as the same cannot be used or have you figured a way to use the same name every time

Thanks For the reply Brett, Thats cool that you managed to changed those things, yup it does take a few minutes to reload the app via Xcode only but I get a lot of errors for names, when using Apple ID to sign these apps the bundle identifier asks for new names every 7 days as the same cannot be used or have you figured a way to use the same name every time

The display name shouldn’t have anything to do with anything. When you sign the IPA with code signer there’s a place to put a display name and that can be anything you’d like and doesn’t have to be the same as the original project name. That’s something I figured out after I made that video. The display name doesn’t mean anything. That’s why you can have an app named DJI Go 4 multiple installed multiple times even.

I have an idea on how to just resign without losing settings and all that. I’ll try it out and if it works I’ll let you know

The display name shouldn’t have anything to do with anything. When you sign the IPA with code signer there’s a place to put a display name and that can be anything you’d like and doesn’t have to be the same as the original project name. That’s something I figured out after I made that video. The display name doesn’t mean anything. That’s why you can have an app named DJI Go 4 multiple installed multiple times even.

I have an idea on how to just resign without losing settings and all that. I’ll try it out and if it works I’ll let you know
Thanks Buddy

I was able to overcome this issue quite simply.

After the 7 days is up and you are ready to resign the app open the blank Xcode you had made originally.

Build the project to a simulator of you iOS device (I doubt it matters but just pick your actual device type since that just as easy as any).

Once it is built, go to iOS App Signer tool and select the .ipa that you originally installed.

This time in iOS App Signer tool just select "resign only."

Reinstall the new IPA file like normal. It will just install over the app that you installed the previous week and all your settings, media, and flight records will remain.

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada