DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Da Vinci Resolve questions

THanks, I checked the contextual manual and I guess I enabled HDR on that last clip.

That's the reason I got that overlay.
With all the help we've given you, we better see a post in the Photos and Videos section from you, buddy!

Thanks but I'm still learning to fly and edit. I just used DLOG because of the 10-bit and mainly want to apply a LUT so it doesn't look washed out.

I haven't even gotten into really editing it, more or less just applying a LUT and saving it with some music.

Not interesting to see I'm afraid, other than being in scenic locales.

Send through a google drive link with the raw files. Will do a test for you and you can see the settings etc used to get the look. Also this will help with analyzing how you film... [emoji41][emoji106]

Hope I'm, not hijacking this thread...

I want to use H.265 DLOG format and do some post color. I have an ASUS G75X Gaming Laptop with NVIDIA 670MX running Linux Mint 18.

I installed free Resolve 15 and it would just stop trying to set up Media Folder. Downloaded 16 BETA and it installs and runs fine. I have H.265 Codecs installed (I can play H.265 using VLC and a Linux Media Player app). Importing an mp4 file causes Resolve to do nothing as there is no Clip added at all and no errors. Since I have a dual boot system I ran Windoze 7? , installed Resolve 15 and some H.265 codecs (can play videos in VLC and Media Player) but I get the same results when importing an MP4 that is H.265 DLOG.

I know I'm pushing it using a laptop with a lame GPU but all I want to do is apply a LUT to color correct the flat DLOG file. I don't want to go spend $500 on a used Dell Tower with dual GPUs running Windozw 10 ??? that can handle Graphics manipulation. If I have to go to that much trouble and expense I''ll just keep shooting in H.264

I'm retired IT (so I didn't just fall off the turnip truck) specialized in Database Design, Networking, early web php but never dove into the Graphics Design end of the pool.

Last edited:
Hope I'm, not hijacking this thread...

I want to use H.265 DLOG format and do some post color. I have an ASUS G75X Gaming Laptop with NVIDIA 670MX running Linux Mint 18.

I installed free Resolve 15 and it would just stop trying to set up Media Folder. Downloaded 16 BETA and it installs and runs fine. I have H.265 Codecs installed (I can play H.265 using VLC and a Linux Media Player app). Importing an mp4 file causes Resolve to do nothing as there is no Clip added at all and no errors. Since I have a dual boot system I ran Windoze 7? , installed Resolve 15 and some H.265 codecs (can play videos in VLC and Media Player) but I get the same results when importing an MP4 that is H.265 DLOG.

I know I'm pushing it using a laptop with a lame GPU but all I want to do is apply a LUT to color correct the flat DLOG file. I don't want to go spend $500 on a used Dell Tower with dual GPUs running Windozw 10 ??? that can handle Graphics manipulation. If I have to go to that much trouble and expense I''ll just keep shooting in H.264

I'm retired IT specialized in Database Design, Networking, early web php but never dove into the Graphics Design end of the pool.

Applying a LUT doesn’t seem that compute intensive. The change is immediate on my iMac, which doesn’t have any blazing GPU.

Now the version of MacOS has H.265 support already so I didn’t have to install it.

All I do is drag and drop the media files such as MP4, MP3 files and then hit the Edit tab on the bottom and your media files should show up on the left side of the Edit window.

Then you can preview the video and it will show up in the upper left window, 8ncluding any LUT changes you make, which you can do by selecting the video file and right-clicking.

Then drag and drop the video and audio files to the timeline at the bottom and they will preview in the upper right window.

In preview mode, the video and audio stutters on my iMac but then I go to the render window, select my output formats, resolution, etc, and the. Add to render queue and start the render.

The exported video doesn’t stutter.

@wco81 Sounds fairly straightforward and your procedure is what I was hoping to accomplish. Unfortunately, I can't get DR16 to import under either Linux Mint 18 or Win7.

Might be worth contacting Blackmagic support.

They did reply to me, even though I have the free download.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure