DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cresk

Reactions
Hello guys,

I just bought the Mavic Pro one day before I left to Scotlanbut and now that I'm in beautiful Scotland I found out that my gimbal dail isn't working at all. Trying to callibrate the controller results in a "Callibration Failed: Timeout when the software waited for dails (left wheel).

Which means the gimbal tilt doesn't work at all. The only vertical movement (tilt) of the gimbal comes from the 5D button.

I have the latest firmware installed to date. the latest DJI GO4 app installed on three Apple devices. I did try it on an iPhone 7+, iPhone 7 and on an iPad Pro, and on all three devices the same problem exists. No gimbal tilt control.

I have callibrated the gimbal, removed the sticker from the back of the camera, read lots of tutorials (in case I forgot something important or some settings, but nothing seems to help me get control of the gimbal tilt.

Am I'm doing something wrong, did I forgot something or could this be an unreported software / hardware bug?

Please help me get control of the gimbal tilt. Thanks.

Gert

Hello guys,

I just bought the Mavic Pro one day before I left to Scotlanbut and now that I'm in beautiful Scotland I found out that my gimbal dail isn't working at all. Trying to callibrate the controller results in a "Callibration Failed: Timeout when the software waited for dails (left wheel).

Which means the gimbal tilt doesn't work at all. The only vertical movement (tilt) of the gimbal comes from the 5D button.

I have the latest firmware installed to date. the latest DJI GO4 app installed on three Apple devices. I did try it on an iPhone 7+, iPhone 7 and on an iPad Pro, and on all three devices the same problem exists. No gimbal tilt control.

I have callibrated the gimbal, removed the sticker from the back of the camera, read lots of tutorials (in case I forgot something important or some settings, but nothing seems to help me get control of the gimbal tilt.

Am I'm doing something wrong, did I forgot something or could this be an unreported software / hardware bug?

Please help me get control of the gimbal tilt. Thanks.

Gert
As a workaround until you can get the RC replaced, if you hold your finger down on the video feed and drag up or down, you can control the gimbal that way.

Reactions: jerryflah
As a workaround until you can get the RC replaced, if you hold your finger down on the video feed and drag up or down, you can control the gimbal that way.

I didn't know this and I will definitely try this, before I have to find out a DJI dealer somewhere in Scotland. Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try it right now.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I just tried it. I can only zoom in and out swiping two fingers on the screen. No tilt action.

Use this slider for gimbal up/down
9ef27f5ed2d9bbeb5527bdac958a4d6d.jpg

Reactions: jerryflah
Does the Gimbal do it's dance when you power up your Mavic? You did take off the Plastic Gimbal lock correct?

Yes it does. I always remove the plastic gimbal locker when powering on the Mavic. And put it back on when I put it in its back again.

There's an option in the menu somewhere that lets you change the long press behavior of the app. I can't seem to find it with the Mavic disconnected, but when set to gimbal tilt, the on screen gimbal control will work. If you haven't figured it out by tomorrow, I will look for the setting to help you set it up.

There's an option in the menu somewhere that lets you change the long press behavior of the app. I can't seem to find it with the Mavic disconnected, but when set to gimbal tilt, the on screen gimbal control will work. If you haven't figured it out by tomorrow, I will look for the setting to help you set it up.

Yes I found it in General Settings and Long Press action was already set on Gimbal control. Still no gimbal tilt action. Thanks.

Yes I found it in General Settings and Long Press action was already set on Gimbal control. Still no gimbal tilt action. Thanks.
Alright, so it's setup. So to use it hold your finger on the screen for 2 seconds, without moving, and then move it up or down. It works for me and if the gimbal is able to move, then the gimbal is functional. When the long press action is triggered, your phone may vibrate.

Tried everything guys. Turns out Egika was right that the left wheel is broken. Nothing to do about it except to return to DJI and get a new one. Many thanks for your response guys!

Tried everything guys. Turns out Egika was right that the left wheel is broken. Nothing to do about it except to return to DJI and get a new one. Many thanks for your response guys!

To verify this is true, change the switch on the Mavic next to SD card slow to 'WiFi' setting. Now start DJI Go 4 on your control device and connect to the WiFi connection opened by Mavic. You will have direct control of Mavic WITHOUT controller involvement. Now try adjust gimbal up and down in the app. It should work if the issue is with controller dial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom