DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dallas during COVID-19, 4K drone trip

Good or not, promulgating these vids encourages illegal activity which reflects on us all and which will result in more and more stringent constraints on drone pilots.
Hence the admonishment which accompanied the post. Maybe I should have worded it stronger? I’m certain members of the forum are smart enough to discern when something is encouraged and when somebody is just sharing something interesting at a stressful time for all.
Besides, we all know exactly what regulations are coming down the pike, just how crushing they will be, and exactly what the reason is (tip: has nothing to do with the above).

Reactions: Davros007
Regulations just come to make you PAY, capitalizing on people fears is among the most productive businesses in the world.
Certainly drones are not understood, dreaded and despised. But if you pay...

I think it has very little to do with safety. I am thankful to be enjoying an inspirational video like this, because I can feel from the pictures the passion that's gone into it... it is far more likely in the future people will be more thankful for this video than many others flown with a license.

Last edited:
The reason why there are regulations and increasing restrictions is because people didn't play nice to start with. We have brought down a plague on our own houses. Like it or not you are flying aircraft inthe FAA's airspace.

That said.... I can se some of these "less than legal" shots of empty streets if done well will be in high demand from film production companies in the years to come for all manner of films. Do you have any idea what the costs of shutting off a city street for a film is? (apart from the time and costs toorganise it and the paperwork). Throwing a UAV opperator a few $ thousands for some clips with be a steal.

I am NOT advocating anyone flying illegally, as that would be irresponsible of me, but if people do capture high quality footage of deserted streets etc at dawn, mid day, dusk and night In well known areas or even areas that are normally never empty I am sure there will be one hell of a market for them from 2021 onwards when all this is over.

BTW inthe UK the 7-14 days became a month which became 12 weeks which is looking like 6 months. So we are now looking at September-October before any return to normal.

I agree that promoting the video really encourages illegal activity, and it may results in more stringent rules on drone pilots. True people do not play nice, look at the results of how the spread of this Corona virus, because people want to do their own thing despite the consequences to any body else. Millions of people are going to die, because of the lack of love for neighbor. If that video was done legally, I have no problem with it. But, because, of the fact that it may make someone big bucks, once this is over and done with, breaking FAA rules does not make it right. And promoting it, encourages illegal activity. Every body has a conscience, but many have a seared conscience that allows them to do what ever they feel is right in their own eyes. Though many know the Golden rule, how often do they apply it to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagraphics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato