DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damaged drone on arrival....safe to fly or not?

Yeah the second he said I caused the damage I pretty much knew where it was going. I'll try to take the positives from it as I have learnt a lot... I'll be a glue expert in no time.
Super glue being applied for stress cracks…just a couple of drops 💧 so it can seep in by capillary action. It is a SUPER fix and doesn’t have to be applied where your using swabs to soak up the run off. Baking powder? If baking powder is suggested, then why don’t the suppliers compliment their product with it? Baking powder could cause bigger problems…example, getting into your electronics or worse, your gimbal 😵‍💫

Keep it as sterile as possible. Again, if the integrity in the arms are good when folded in /out … then go flying after your check list is complete. 🛫.

These drones are actually tougher than you think…just read all the forum crash experiences where it was thought to be a “write off”, it was only a broken prop, an abrasion, a broken / cracked motor arm or just a pilot’s 👨‍✈️bruised ego 😂. There are even recoveries from water mishaps if the methodical fix is done carefully. I feel the one component in a mishap that is most vulnerable to damage is the gimbal…it’s the first thing we check out before all else. Gimbals are also allergic to baking powder. 👨🏼‍🍳

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome