DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dark stripes on portrait photos...what is that?

I have those too. However I've never shot in portrait mode with my MP. But mine look exactly the same way but they are horizontal. And their occurrence is depending on the relative position of the bird against the sun. I also thought they could be some reflections / shadows caused by the props but in such a case in portrait orientation the stripes should also have been horizontal.
yes also mine in landscape mode are horizontal...but...if you think they should be vertical if they were shadow..a mistery

yes also mine in landscape mode are horizontal...but...if you think they should be vertical if they were shadow..a mistery
If they were shadows or reflections I think they should have had the same orientation regardless of the camera orientation

i meant i had no filter on the lens ..no polar pro ..nothing
I understand that you meant that.
What I meant is that each camera, whether you yourself use any external filters or not, has internally some filters in between the lens and the sensor. These also filter/polarize some of the light, and if these internal filters become misaligned for whatever reason, that might result in weird interference paterns... Not sure if that is the cause of these stripes though.

Looks to me like lens flare chopped by the props, completely normal.

If the banding does not change when you pan, then you're looking at an electronic interference issue.

It is definitely not: scratches (unless done by a sharpie and a ruler) or in-camera filters (they would not yield such a pattern)
It most likely is just the prop shadow (if that was possible by the positioning against the sun), which is never curved as someone suggested. Curved are actual rotating propellers caught in the image (as explained here
).

Those shadows are straight because the real prop shadow covers the entire lens, but the sensor scanning is slower and picks up only a few tens of rows (from top to bottom) from each prop blade shadow. So you can actually count, how many rotations the prop did while the scan took place - in this case 5,5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa