DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dashware tip... synchronization tips wanted

marklyn

Reactions
Just discovered Dashware and marrying your flight data files to video. Very Nice and fairly easy to do but would appreciate some tips from veteran users of Dashware... Do you have a good method of synchronizing the video with the flight data? Like maybe a pause, turn one direction, turn another and resume flight? I need an easier way to develop a flight maneuver that helps me pin down a point for that synchronization. Help appreciated!

seen quite a few... but if you know of one with what I'm asking for, it's all about kudos for you.

the one I learned the most from was "fdnyfish" Search "dashware fdnyfish" on YT. He was active on phantompilots,com

Reactions: marklyn
Just started using Dashware.

I've solved my sync issues by adding a new gauge I've call 'Video Sync'. It is a 'Digit' Gauge that has a blank transparent PNG on all digits except '0'. Digit zero has a PNG of a red dot. The Video Sync is linked to the column 'isVideo' (0=off 1=on).
So when the red dot disappears, that is the start of the video clip in the data file.

The basic workflow is :-
  • New Project (my default template has the 'Video Sync' gauge.
  • Load video
  • Load data file
  • On the synchronization panel, uncheck the 'sync with video'
  • Side across until the red dot disappears (use the direction arrows to fine tune when the red dot is not visible).
  • Check the 'sync with video'
  • Done
I've used this on nearly a dozen video clips from a single flight (data file) and worked for me.

When I work out how to export the 'Video Sync' gauge, can I attach it here (zip)? Or is there a location for Dashware Gauges so I can share?

BTW : Thanks 'marklyn' for your Dashware posts, they got me off to a great start using Dashware

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul, I didn't see that digit gauge in Dashware. Is this one you found somewhere and is shareable? I'd like to try your method you posted.

G'day,

Sorry about that, I'm not used to the correct terms for Dashware yet.

I'm using the Digit component in my 'Video Sync' gauge. The 'digit' component allows you to have custom digit styles. I'm abusing it to showing nothing <blank> when isVideo is '1' and a red dot when it is '1'.

I'm using version 1.9.1 of Dashware.

Going to try and upload the gauge here . . . <fingers crossed>

I can't upload the .dashware file, but I've attached to blank and dot PNG files.

Cheers

Attachments

• 00 - blank.png
    00 - blank.png
    112 bytes · Views: 21
  • dot.png
    dot.png
    281 bytes · Views: 20
I must have deleted that gauge thinking I don't need it because I don't see it in my gauge list anymore.

Not sure how you deleted the 'digit' component.

I've attached some snap shots of where I find it.

Attachments

• digit component.JPG
    digit component.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 29
  • digit dialog.JPG
    digit dialog.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Gauge.JPG
    Gauge.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 29
Sorry, I'm still not following what you've done all the way through. I thought you were talking about a gauge that came with Dashware that I might have deleted. I tried creating this gauge but I'm stuck at the digit properties screen. My width/height are blanked out.

So this gauge should be in your Dashware\Gauges folder as an .xml file. Can you attach that to a post here?

Unable to upload the file. But here is the content of gauge.xml

<Gauge version="3" x="0" y="0" readOnly="False" width="302.1282" height="139.2564" transparency="1" rotation="0" thumbnailBackgroundTransparency="1" thumbnailBackgroundRed="135" thumbnailBackgroundGreen="206" thumbnailBackgroundBlue="235">
<Components>
<Digit x="1" y="1" transparency="1" valueType="Number" divisor="1" width="303.1282" height="140.2564" src0="dot.png" src1="00 - blank.png" src2="00 - blank (1).png" src3="00 - blank (2).png" src4="00 - blank (3).png" src5="00 - blank (4).png" src6="00 - blank (5).png" src7="00 - blank (6).png" src8="00 - blank (7).png" src9="00 - blank (8).png">
<Inputs>
<Input name="Value">isVideo</Input>
</Inputs>
</Digit>
</Components>
<Inputs>
<Input category="Engine, Transmission" name="Engine On" fromFastestLapSamePos="False">isVideo</Input>
</Inputs>
</Gauge>

hrm. Couldn't get it to work. Odd that you can't zip/post the gauge and png files here but, oh well, we tried.

Hmmmm . . . what error/symptom are you getting?

Think I've had a 'spacer error' (space between keyboard and seat). I seem to have been able to zip and attach. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Video Sync.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 9
none of the jpg files extract from the zip file. the other files do though.

sorry, png files... Sometimes (to a fault) I used jpg/png/gif files interchangeably but of course meant png.

something very odd with this zip. I use 7zip to zip/unzip, have for years and prefer it to winrar/winzip.
When I "open" the zip file I see everything including all of the png files.
When I unzip them to a folder only the gauge.xml is extracted into a 'video sync" folder and a video sync.dashware file are extracted. no png files.
That makes no sense.

I would appreciate it if someone else tried to download and unzip your zip file and see if they see the png files. I tried with winrar, and don't see them there either.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiuserjohn