DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data carriers compatible with the Tripltek tablet?

Back on topic..
So did you correct your assertion that your AT&T (GSM) phone has no SIM card? I believe you must have Verizon.
Like all phones using CDMA technology, Verizon's iPhone has no SIM card, which means you won't be able to swap SIM cards at home or abroad. As mentioned above, Verizon uses CDMA technology instead of GSM. CDMA phones won't work in all parts of Europe or Asia, which are predominantly served by GSM.

So did you correct your assertion that your AT&T (GSM) phone has no SIM card? I believe you must have Verizon.
Like all phones using CDMA technology, Verizon's iPhone has no SIM card, which means you won't be able to swap SIM cards at home or abroad. As mentioned above, Verizon uses CDMA technology instead of GSM. CDMA phones won't work in all parts of Europe or Asia, which are predominantly served by GSM.
I think that was the iPhone 4. every Iphone since that one has a SIM card I believe.

Now that I think about it, ATT iPhones do use SIM cards. Years ago I had a company provided iPhone 4 served by ATT. I can't remember details, but I had to do a phone swap with a spare phone the company had and was sent to an AT&T store to make the service swap. What did they do? Get out the pin, pop out the tray and swap SIM. Gee, I could have done that.

I had battery life issues and had both phones in hand. I used iTunes to back up one phone, restore to the other, swap SIM. The SIM tray was on the right center.

So yes, at least since 2013, AT&T did use SIM with iPhones. Much of the time carriers will instead transfer accounts to a different SIM already mounted on a different phone.

Now that I think about it, ATT iPhones do use SIM cards. Years ago I had a company provided iPhone 4 served by ATT. I can't remember details, but I had to do a phone swap with a spare phone the company had and was sent to an AT&T store to make the service swap. What did they do? Get out the pin, pop out the tray and swap SIM. Gee, I could have done that.

I had battery life issues and had both phones in hand. I used iTunes to back up one phone, restore to the other, swap SIM. The SIM tray was on the right center.

So yes, at least since 2013, AT&T did use SIM with iPhones. Much of the time carriers will instead transfer accounts to a different SIM already mounted on a different phone.
That would have been an iPhone 4S. iPhone 4 did not have a removable SIM card.

Yes... had to take the case off...,

Reactions: MA2 317
Yes... had to take the case off...,
GSM, 4&5G are all supported by eSIM, just scan the unique QR code generated by your carrier.
It’s not just a CDMA thing.

So...... you wouldn’t necessarily have to take the case of the phone and stick a SIM in, not with the later generation iPhones anyway.

iPhone 12 Pro SIM card.

Did you actually open the tray.

Every iPhone I’ve had, from an SE to the new 12 have needed a SIM card to make a call. Service on AT&T and now on T-Mobile.

Attachments

• 21DA97AA-7053-44ED-94D6-4D5608110323.jpeg
    21DA97AA-7053-44ED-94D6-4D5608110323.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
iPhone 12 Pro SIM card.

Did you actually open the tray.

Every iPhone I’ve had, from an SE to the new 12 have needed a SIM card to make a call. Service on AT&T and now on T-Mobile.
If the every IPhone you have had includes XS onwards then you could have gone without a SIM card on AT&T- they can give you a card with a QR card to scan. No draw opening required.

GSM, 4&5G are all supported by eSIM, just scan the unique QR code generated by your carrier.
It’s not just a CDMA thing.

So...... you wouldn’t necessarily have to take the case of the phone and stick a SIM in, not with the later generation iPhones anyway.
I had to remove the aftermarket protective case to reach the card slot... that’s all. No analysis required. Phone has always worked perfectly... The card comes in the phone from the seller.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
I had to remove the aftermarket protective case to reach the card slot... that’s all. No analysis required. Phone has always worked perfectly... The card comes in the phone from the seller.
Yep.... all I was suggesting is that it’s not just CDMA handsets these days that can run without a physical SIM card. I was surprised when my carrier gave me the option of actual SIM card or eSIM.

Reactions: Thomas B
I like having a SIM. If you get a new phone, or using a temporary while yours is being fixed, just move the card to the other.
Or when you switch carriers. No need to get CS involved. With less popular brands/models, theres a good chance the phone might still work with the carrier, despite them saying not compatible based on IMEI.

Reactions: Platoon
That would have been an iPhone 4S. iPhone 4 did not have a removable SIM card.
It might have been. IPhone 5 also comes to mind as also being involved. I had to downgrade due to low battery life, but when I did a data transfer/restore, the battery life issue went away so I could then use the better phone.

The first iPad with cellular I owned had a physical SIM card slot, but after setting it up with T-Mobile (legacy GSM technology) I was instructed to remove the SIM card and store it in a safe place. After setup it worked fine for years without a SIM card. However, when I upgraded to my current 11" iPad Pro TMO had to send me a SIM card again. Apple Watches use eSIM, always have.

I realize this thread is about an Android tablet, but from the carrier's perspective authentication mechanism is pretty much the same, just with some different steps. And FWIW, the SIM card in my iPhone also works just fine on an old Galaxy Note II and even my Nokia N900.

CDMA and GSM have been depreciated, LTE uses SIM cards but allow for eSIM and imbedded SIM if the carrier chooses to support it.

So far, ATT, Verizon and Sprint will not allow my Tripltek tablet on their networks after checking the IMEI number. Is there anyone that has a data only plan they are using for this tablet and from what carrier. Thanks!
The TRIPLTEK Tablet is an unlocked smartphone, and it has been tested on AT&T. You just need to ask for a SIM card for an unlocked phone , it does not need to be specifically for a tablet, just a regular line, and you will be able to use it as a phone and for data.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King