Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DatCon can accept Mavic .DAT files

Hi guys,
having errors trying to use DAT files dwnld from AC

error = 'this is not a DAT file"

the GO4 DATs work with CSVwr & DatCon but not the ASS2 dwnld

any clues ?
Please Dropbox or GoogleDrive the .DAT and post the link here.

yep, got it

I'm so glad it's not the hw/fw on the drone that's stuffed..

turns out DatCon Dashware version [as it says on the website supposed to], won't read the dats
so I tried the DatCon 263 latest version and all is good so far works a treat

Tried Dashware again with a few charts & this time it seems to be working great..but I'm still unsure if the DatCon 'Dashware' version would still be needed ????

anyone know why DatCon Dashware version is listed for dwnld ?

anyone know why DatCon Dashware version is listed for dwnld ?
No reason to take it down. There might be some people who still want to use it.

Hy, I`m new to this forum and to CsvView too. Christmas is over, but maybe it`s possible for some wishes to CsvView.

1.) Is it possible to fix the last size of the Add/Remove Signals Window and all the Digramm Windows? I`m using a 32" Monitor and i have a lot of space to maximise all Windows and Diagramms.
2.) Is it possible to make a dark skin mode?
3.) Is it possible to export the diagramm result as PDF?
4.) Is it possible to rename the default SigPlayers ( Motor Speeds, LeftFront Motor ect.) - I`m from Germany and i would be nice to edit this Players in german language or delet komplet
4.) Is it possible to make a third window with virtual and animated Sticks from the data - RC:Aileron; RC:Elevator; RC:Rudder; RC:Throttle?

Hy, I`m new to this forum and to CsvView too. Christmas is over, but maybe it`s possible for some wishes to CsvView.

1.) Is it possible to fix the last size of the Add/Remove Signals Window and all the Digramm Windows? I`m using a 32" Monitor and i have a lot of space to maximise all Windows and Diagramms.
4.) Is it possible to rename the default SigPlayers ( Motor Speeds, LeftFront Motor ect.) - I`m from Germany and i would be nice to edit this Players in german language or delet komplet
4.) Is it possible to make a third window with virtual and animated Sticks from the data - RC:Aileron; RC:Elevator; RC:Rudder; RC:Throttle?

Great list.... :)

Last edited:

Yes, welcome to the forum. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I'm super busy working on a re-architected DatCon. This will require some changes be made to CsvView and I'll look some more at your requests when I start making changes to CsvView.

OK

Why? Isn't this just a cosmetic?

I'm assuming you mean either the SigPlayer or GeoPlayer. There is already a "Copy to System Clipboard" button that could be used to get the Player into a pdf.

Actually, you can do this. Those Players are distributed with CsvView to provide an example. You can make your own and name them however you want. See the User Manual.

I've always wanted to do this. In fact, CsvView is designed to allow the addition of more Players in addition to the SigPlayer and GeoPlayer. A ControlStick Player would be time synchronized just as the GeoPlayer and SigPlayers are. Just have never had the time to do this.

Reactions: sar104
Thank`s for the welcome und thank`s BudWalker for your answer.

to No.1 - thank you very much.

to No.2 - yes, only cosmetic, i like dark skins. They are not so hard for the eyes (exp. YouTube dark Skin).

to No.3 - if you use "Copy to System Clipboard" you need a separat PDF writer Programm, or other Grafic Programms you can save the Clipboard. I had in my mind to use a Button for the virtual "Microsoft Print to PDF" function. The result is a PDF sheet for printing or saving without any intermediate steps.

to. No.4 - yes , i know and i did so, but i can not delete the examples from your list. So i think it was an good idea to rename your samples. But this did not work.

to No.5 - thank you for the same thinking. I know thats a lot of work and i think maybe its time to made a PayPal Donate Button on your Homepage or in the Help Sektion of CsvView / DatCon ;) If you are interested to make the programm in multilanguage, maybe i can help to translate the discriptions in german.

Now last question: What is the different between the to types of DAT Files. The typ you can download via the DJI Assistence Software (works fine with CsvView) and the typ you can download direct via ftp from them Mavic ( ftp://192.168.42.2/blackbox/flyctrl/ ). This kind of DAT File did not work with CsvView.

Again - Thank you very much for your commitment to share this programm to the community.

....... I know thats a lot of work and i think maybe its time to made a PayPal Donate Button on your Homepage or in the Help Sektion of CsvView / DatCon ;)
Thanks, but I am absolutely not interested in the commercial aspects of the project.
Now last question: What is the different between the to types of DAT Files. The typ you can download via the DJI Assistence Software (works fine with CsvView) and the typ you can download direct via ftp from them Mavic ( ftp://192.168.42.2/blackbox/flyctrl/ ). This kind of DAT File did not work with CsvView.
I don't know much about the the Blackbox files or the .DAT files on the RC. Except that they are much different from either the .DAT files on the AC or the .DAT files on the tablet.

There is a new CsvView version (3.1.0) that has your request #1 implemented..

http://www.datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html

Thank you very much - but it did not work. The diagramm windows are permanently stay in the background. It is not possible to bring them in front of the main window and arrange more then one diagramm window. Only ONE diagramm window can maximize in the front.

View media item 1563
View media item 1562
This could be difficult since I'm unable to reproduce the problem here.
1. Did you have the same problem with a previous CsvView version?
2. What Windows version are you using?
3. I don't quite understand. You that "Only ONE diagramm window can maximize in the front.". But, a maximized window covers the whole screen. So, by definition, only one plot can maximize in the front. ??

Has anybody else seen a problem like this?

...... OK now it works - i don`t know what i make different then before.

Auto arrange for the diagramm windows would be nice too :)

Attachments

• 2018-01-29 21_08_57-.png
    2018-01-29 21_08_57-.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 28
@BudWalker I am having problems getting the geoplayer in CsvView to show me a google map. I tried a couple API keys but can't seem to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

@BudWalker I am having problems getting the geoplayer in CsvView to show me a google map. I tried a couple API keys but can't seem to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I'm not sure what problem you're having. Can you PM me the key so that I can try it here. Then, at least, we'll know if it should work.

@BudWalker, thank you for your tools. I am using CsvView 3.5.0. Trying to figure out how to save a new Sigplayer. I can select Empty and add signals but how do I save it as a new prototype? The menu bar -> Edit dropdown only has "Delete Sigplayer(s)". Can't find anything in the manual or Google regarding this...

@BudWalker, thank you for your tools. I am using CsvView 3.5.0. Trying to figure out how to save a new Sigplayer. I can select Empty and add signals but how do I save it as a new prototype? The menu bar -> Edit dropdown only has "Delete Sigplayer(s)". Can't find anything in the manual or Google regarding this...
In the menu bar for the SigPlayer do a File->Save As
upload_2018-5-25_8-30-58.png

For those using CsvView 3.6.0 the public GoogleMap API key is incorrect. The GeoPlayer will say this
upload_2018-7-1_12-3-1.png

Just insert this key
AIzaSyD1IIRi3toLYXNs_04Bay7C8GnJmlqkvwA

and it should work

Reactions: brantel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member