DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DaVinci Resolve 16- decreased video quality

RockyMtns

Reactions
I shot video at 1080/30fps, and the mp4 exported from DaVinci is clearly of slower framerate (much less smooth during panning) than the original 30fps. In DaVinci, I use the "Custom" option under Render Settings when preparing for export to mp4, and 1980X1080HD. The framerate options are 30, 24, or 23.976....see the attached screen capture. None of these yields a video that is as smooth as the original videos directly from the Mavic 2 Pro miscoSD card. Can anyone give me some ideas to make the output mp4 smoother?
As a footnote, previous DaVinci export mp4's (in other projects) were smoother and acceptable.....in that earlier project, a framerate option of 29.9 was available, but not this time. The 29.9 framerate in the earlier projects resulted in the smoother video.
Davinci Panel.jpg

I shot video at 1080/30fps, and the mp4 exported from DaVinci is clearly of slower framerate (much less smooth during panning) than the original 30fps. In DaVinci, I use the "Custom" option under Render Settings when preparing for export to mp4, and 1980X1080HD. The framerate options are 30, 24, or 23.976....see the attached screen capture. None of these yields a video that is as smooth as the original videos directly from the Mavic 2 Pro miscoSD card. Can anyone give me some ideas to make the output mp4 smoother?
As a footnote, previous DaVinci export mp4's (in other projects) were smoother and acceptable.....in that earlier project, a framerate option of 29.9 was available, but not this time. The 29.9 framerate in the earlier projects resulted in the smoother video.
View attachment 94934
How long is the original video and how long is the exported video? That should give you an indication of if the frame rates differ.

A lower playback frame rate should result in smoother video not choppier video. One of the tricks of the trade is to put 30fps video on a 24 FPS timeline to get smoother video. Which brings up the most important question... What is your timeline frame rate and have you retimed any of the footage (sped up or slowed down?

If the frame rates are the same, (Cos that's the first thing I would check) then have you tried Optical Flow and Speed warp in Retime and Scaling in the Inspector on the edit page.

Sounds like a frame rate mis match. Often 29.97 fps is abbreviated to 30 fps. DaVinci should allow you to choose frame rates, so try 30 if no good try 29.97 etc. Also often 24 fps is often in reality 23.97 fps, another "trap".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito