DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Day strobe light

That's the FHT ebay store (Willoughby, Ohio).
Amazing they will ship to the UK from sales there, because they won't from their own website store (or Australia, or Canada even).

Worth a shot though, nothing to lose trying to buy some ex ebay.
If you got ARC XL from them then they may have changed this policy recently, those are a fairly new item.
Yep I tried for ages to find a way of getting FH strobes to the UK and just stumbled upon the ebay US store route by accident. Anyway my M2P is now festooned with FH strobes and about as visible as I cam make it.Screenshot_20200123-114326_F-Stop.jpeg

You’re right, the waiver does not mention them specifically. But since they approved my application based on my written specs, don’t you think I wouldn’t be able to change out the lights?

You should (key word being should) be good. They care that you meet the Performance Stanford but not the exact details. Basically you gave a bit too much information during your submittal for the waiver. You only had to state something like (paraphrasing here): "I will ensure the aircraft has lighting that meets or exceeds the FAA mandated visibility for 3 miles"

In the above sentence you stated how you will meet the Performance Standard sufficiently without being overly specific.

Reactions: Gindra and AMann
You should (key word being should) be good. They care that you meet the Performance Stanford but not the exact details. Basically you gave a bit too much information during your submittal for the waiver. You only had to state something like (paraphrasing here): "I will ensure the aircraft has lighting that meets or exceeds the FAA mandated visibility for 3 miles"

In the above sentence you stated how you will meet the Performance Standard sufficiently without being overly specific.

That sounds good, thanks for the review. I definitely want to keep them updated to the best option if possible.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Gindra

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett