DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Day strobe light

Thank you very much to all.

As I had commented, what I need is when you start the flight and the mavic is moving away, when you stop looking at it because you look at the screen of the mobile-tablet, you can lose the reference of where it was and with one of these lights, possibly give you an idea of where it is. And I do not mean that it is at a distance of one km but rather at much less and in broad daylight it is sometimes difficult to locate it visually. I also have to test if at that distance, the lower light when operated from the APP, would give the minimum flash to locate it.

in broad daylight it is sometimes difficult to locate it visually.

I'm sure an ARCII would suffice, but if you like the idea of the audible alarm, the ARC XL would be the go.
What MAvic are you flying ?
This will determine where you can place it, and depending on what strobe you choose, you may be able to use a nice dual lock velcro, or if going with the ARC XL, or with some Mavic models, you will need an arm mount.

One of the rear should do you, it's fairly easy to just do a 360 yaw and look for the strobe.
Of course you can read the little orientation display to get a rough idea of where to look ?

The strobes can be set to strobe, a flash, long break, flash . . . or flash, which is faster repeating strobe, not a long break between flashing.
They can be set to solid (on all the time), which does use more battery, but would be almost impossible to miss even at a decent distance.

Anyone know where you can get the Firehouse products in the UK? Not available on Amazon or UK Ebay. Looking for stribe and mounts for a MPP. Thanks

Anyone know where you can get the Firehouse products in the UK? Not available on Amazon or UK Ebay. Looking for stribe and mounts for a MPP. Thanks

Suspect you can't Charlie.
On threads here, it's been noted they won't even ship to Canada !!

I had to get mine shipped to a niece in NJ (USA) and she forwarded to me, a 2nd batch is getting picked up by my brother when he visits her in a week or two.

So far I have invested a fair amount in them, I on sell them to others here in Oz, and one more in NZ is onto one of the next lot.
I just do it to help the locals, as the only drone shop that has them here is really co$tly, the markup is pretty high, but having talked to them a couple of times, I understand they have some import costs to deal with, and they pay a lot for shipping !

Best bet is pick one (or more) you like, and ask someone you may know in the US to accept delivery , then pop them into another padded bag for you and send.

Edit . . . or, just get strobon, which are carried in the UK . . . they aren't as bright, but will likely help with VLOS when flying out to a reasonable distance.

Suspect you can't Charlie.
On threads here, it's been noted they won't even ship to Canada !!

I had to get mine shipped to a niece in NJ (USA) and she forwarded to me, a 2nd batch is getting picked up by my brother when he visits her in a week or two.

So far I have invested a fair amount in them, I on sell them to others here in Oz, and one more in NZ is onto one of the next lot.
I just do it to help the locals, as the only drone shop that has them here is really co$tly, the markup is pretty high, but having talked to them a couple of times, I understand they have some import costs to deal with, and they pay a lot for shipping !

Best bet is pick one (or more) you like, and ask someone you may know in the US to accept delivery , then pop them into another padded bag for you and send.
Brilliant Idea - I have a cousin in USA, will see if he will do it for me. Thanks

Brilliant Idea - I have a cousin in USA, will see if he will do it for me. Thanks

No worries, glad to help.
The FHT people are pretty good at putting custom orders together, so don't feel locked into getting a kit of 3 or 4 duals or ARCIIs or whatever in the nav colours.
If you can't pick them on the order page as you want, just email them to arrange.
I have a set of 4 ARCIIs coming with the next lot, but all in white (being the best for VLOS).

Colored strobes are harder to see at a distance in daylight, the white ones are the best. That’s why I went with numbers of white strobes rather than colored strobes. The colored ones work best at night (I have a waiver for certain work to fly at night).

I have a Daylight Waiver too. I specified the ARC II strobes in my application. Do you know if I'd need to amend that with FAA if I went to the ARC XLs? These look like a much better option.

I have a Daylight Waiver too. I specified the ARC II strobes in my application. Do you know if I'd need to amend that with FAA if I went to the ARC XLs? These look like a much better option.
I’d check with FAA, but that said, I have a 2 year clearance for my 2 square mile practice area. The FAA document granting clearance does not mention my add on strobes.
C5EB2D80-6C1E-40B6-93D1-DE10D2ACA15A.jpeg

Reactions: Gindra

What does the waiver say? If that exact set of lights are noted on the actual waiver (not just your submission) then you'll need to request an amendment to your waiver. Mine doesn't state a specific light but yours might since you added it to your submission.

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm in the UK and got mine from ebay with very impressive shipping times too, link below.

What does the waiver say? If that exact set of lights are noted on the actual waiver (not just your submission) then you'll need to request an amendment to your waiver. Mine doesn't state a specific light but yours might since you added it to your submission.
Have you used them enough to get any idea on battery life yet?

I'm thinking about running one as a SPOT LIGHT and curious as to how long a single full charge might last.

Mine are specific, I wrote the specs on the application including the model, color and placement locations on the drone.

Just checked the Waiver and you are right, it does not specify the type of strobes even though I had described them in my submission. It merely states that I need to have strobes that meet the 3-mile visibility requirement. Now I can spend more money on ARC XLs! Hooray. :)

Just checked the Waiver and you are right, it does not specify the type of strobes even though I had described them in my submission. It merely states that I need to have strobes that meet the 3-mile visibility requirement. Now I can spend more money on ARC XLs! Hooray. :)

That's exactly how mine is written. The FAA is usually pretty good about giving some "Grey Area". They aren't in the business to dictate which brands etc just that they meet/exceed performance standards usually.

Mine are specific, I wrote the specs on the application including the model, color and placement locations on the drone.

But does your WAIVER note those specifics on it or just your submission?

I got 2 of these from Flytron in the UK. Strobon Cree

Flew with them for the 1st time today and I was quite impressed. Make it a lot easier to see my MPP, particular against the grey skies we have at the moment!

I got 2 of these from Flytron in the UK. Strobon Cree

Flew with them for the 1st time today and I was quite impressed. Make it a lot easier to see my MPP, particular against the grey skies we have at the moment!

Also grabbed a couple of these, seem good value and they are bright enough to see for at least as far as I am brave enough to fly my mini :)

But does your WAIVER note those specifics on it or just your submission?
You’re right, the waiver does not mention them specifically. But since they approved my application based on my written specs, don’t you think I wouldn’t be able to change out the lights?

Good afternoon.

Age does not forgive and sight goes less and less.

As we know, we have to fly the drone normally legally in VLOS in recreational mode.

The color of the MAVIC does not help much to distinguish it at a certain distance.

What do you think of putting one of those lights that take the aircraft (aircraft-helicopters etc) to at least with that flash to quickly locate where it is?

Is it legal to carry one of those lights, if so, what color to choose, white / green / red?

Any model?

Thank you
Yes these Strobes look very good Unfortunately these are NOT available in the UK ( US Suppliers will not ship to the UK ) I would love to have the ARC 2 If anyone knows how to get this please let me know

Yes these Strobes look very good Unfortunately these are NOT available in the UK ( US Suppliers will not ship to the UK ) I would love to have the ARC 2 If anyone knows how to get this please let me know
I am in the UK and have purchased Arc 2 and Arc XL strobes from their US Ebay store. They do ship to the UK with impressive shipping time too.

I am in the UK and have purchased Arc 2 and Arc XL strobes from their US Ebay store. They do ship to the UK with impressive shipping time too.

That's the FHT ebay store (Willoughby, Ohio).
Amazing they will ship to the UK from sales there, because they won't from their own website store (or Australia, or Canada even).

Worth a shot though, nothing to lose trying to buy some ex ebay.
If you got ARC XL from them then they may have changed this policy recently, those are a fairly new item.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure