DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DDS (DJI Drone Service) apparently a Disservice

rangemaster728

Reactions
Mod Added = read post # 17. dc
I ordered a Mavic Mini Battery on Jan 5 as their website indicated it was in stock.​

The order was marked ‘processed’ and my card was charged for the purchase the next day.

10 days later I check the order status on the website and it indicates it has been processed, shipped, and is in transit:
f37c77c045dc6814f885d946be431763.jpg

Last Thursday (Jan 16 I get this):

6a2d462f1b66fbabdac4ee8cde9cff73.jpg

Not happy about this AT ALL... if they had indicated it was out of stock and had an estimated delivery date I might’ve even ordered anyway, but to indicate that is in stock and then mislead me by telling me the order has been shipped and is in transit is not acceptable.

I can tell you I won’t be doing business with them again in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized they advertise on this forum...so I sent them a PM with a link to this thread and a challenge to address my concerns.

Interesting to see if/when/how they respond...

I ordered a Mavic Mini Battery on Jan 5 as their website indicated it was in stock.

The order was marked ‘processed’ and my card was charged for the purchase the next day.

10 days later I check the order status on the website and it indicates it has been processed, shipped, and is in transit:
f37c77c045dc6814f885d946be431763.jpg

Last Thursday (Jan 16 I get this):

6a2d462f1b66fbabdac4ee8cde9cff73.jpg

Not happy about this AT ALL... if they had indicated it was out of stock and had an estimated delivery date I might’ve even ordered anyway, but to indicate that is in stock and then mislead me by telling me the order has been shipped and is in transit is not acceptable.

I can tell you I won’t be doing business with them again in the future.
I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro on the Black Friday deal and got a great discount from this company. I had questioned their reliability after Googling them and found them to be legitimate. There was a long thread on this at the time in this forum. The person you want to deal with it attached. My Mavic 2 Pro came as ordered with no problem. Check out the attachment and call them directly. Feel free to mention my name.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.43.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.43.13 AM.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: BigAl07
I received a response from DDS this morning:

We do apologize as we are waiting on the item to come in at the moment still once we get the item we will ship it out to you.

This seems to indicate they were not in stock at the time of order - and like all the other distributors they are awaiting shipment from DJI.

Their ‘shipped’ and ‘in transit’ order status page is misleading.

I fly Mini, Spark, Mavic Pro 1, Mavic Enterprise and Inspire 1/2 platforms...DDS is off my list of suppliers because of this incident.

Just curious - did you question the "shipped" and "in transit" messages with them and, if so, what was their answer/response ?

I ordered a storage case they had on sale at a great price, it came in a reasonable ship time. I was impressed enough that I had wanted to order a 2nd for my other Phantom 4 A. I wrote emails which included a copy of my first invoice 3 times without any response I called and when the answered the guy put me on hold, came back after 5 minutes and didn’t know what I was talking about...... transferred me to another line and then the call dropped. Called again the next day and virtually the same thing happened. I believe they are trying to be reputable, but operating with only minimal employees. Even if the case was no longer available, the person representing a business should have the wherewithal to handle a customers question properly. It has left a bad taste and doubt that I will order from them in the future. The problem with all the internet sales is a tiny store front can appear like they are a mega-presence on the net..... it’s hard to gauge a business when there is no brick and mortar storefront. Proper telephone etiquette is essential in ANY business, but if you can’t properly answer the phone and respond to your potential customers query then you are going to eventually pull up stakes and fold!

Reactions: Gindra
Just curious - did you question the "shipped" and "in transit" messages with them and, if so, what was their answer/response ?

Here was the PM I sent them, as my email went unanswered:

See this thread...and address my concerns.

You never answer your phone and don’t respond to my email inquiry.
I’d like to believe there’s a reasonable explanation for this...
Order number in question is XXXXXX.
Please respond.

They did not specifically address the false/misleading information provided to me by on their website as detailed in this thread...so I assume they didn’t even bother to read what’s going on here.

Reactions: DDS and MaxE1955!
I had the exact same experience, was not going to say anything but since you shared.

Ordered batteries that showed in stock and they obviously were not, no contact from seller, no response to my multiple emails for 8 days. Finally responded after I threatened to dispute with Visa.

Best part, his response was a screenshot that simply said "your order has been delivered." I freaked out and ran to PO box and all my mail locations, nothing to be seen.

I replied for more context and he responded back saying orders have been cancelled.

never again, i'll order directly from DJI or 1on1 on this forum in the future.

I think you'll find the batteries for the mini to be in short supply pretty much everywhere including DJI, not surprised they can't fulfill the order. If you're not satisfied with their offer, is there no option to cancel the order?

Reactions: DDS
I think you'll find the batteries for the mini to be in short supply pretty much everywhere including DJI, not surprised they can't fulfill the order. If you're not satisfied with their offer, is there no option to cancel the order?
While I truly believe that is the case, that is no excuse for misrepresenting availability and not, at the very least, having proper follow through. As stated by the OP, he obviously was told one thing, then pretty much was ignored. I owned a business for over 30 years and I can attest that customer service is the life’s blood of any business. Customers will accept delays and mistakes if they are told the truth and receive good communications. Not the case here I’m afraid!

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
sorry was off the grid for a week (literally) Looks like i need to get another resource for the forum when im away...

Long story short

dji back-ordered me on the MM battery my apologies. DJI saying February eta but ill believe it when i get tracking.

Options

1. Wait and well ship
2. if u need asap can get u used like new and a $10 discount
3. can issue a full rf (not going anywhere w/ your $40)

As far as notice we sent an email to the email provided [email protected] did you not receive it?

lmk how you would like to proceed

While I truly believe that is the case, that is no excuse for misrepresenting availability and not, at the very least, having proper follow through. As stated by the OP, he obviously was told one thing, then pretty much was ignored. I owned a business for over 30 years and I can attest that customer service is the life’s blood of any business. Customers will accept delays and mistakes if they are told the truth and receive good communications. Not the case here I’m afraid!
we did send an email informing of the delay

I will go WAY out on a limb and attest that DDS has possibly the BEST Customer Service in the industry right now. Everyone makes mistakes and there are always hiccups here and there but to get so upset as to gone online and get this deep in the bad mouthing just looks bad on everyone involved.

DDS stepped up for us on several occasions and they have earned my loyalty and respect many times over. DDS is my only DJI Repair facility what so ever.

Here was the PM I sent them, as my email went unanswered:

See this thread...and address my concerns.

You never answer your phone and don’t respond to my email inquiry.
I’d like to believe there’s a reasonable explanation for this...
Order number in question is XXXXXX.
Please respond.

They did not specifically address the false/misleading information provided to me by on their website as detailed in this thread...so I assume they didn’t even bother to read what’s going on here.
we do care...sry was enjoying this view, wont happen again until next winter

view.jpg

This is an update...sorry, been traveling myself.

First - I’d like to publicly apologize to DJI Drone Service for my rant. They reached out to me with an alternative of a used battery, or a full refund. I did not realize they are small business and on vacation. Sometimes on the Internet it’s hard to tell the size of a company. We all need vacations to recharge - myself included.

Second - I see one of the moderators reached out to me by PM and asked (rightly so) about why I went off on this subject...sorry, frustrations regarding a number of things...again, profuse apologies. You’re right, Al, thanks for calling me out on this! PM sent.

Third - I anticipate we may see additional delays in battery deliveries from China due to the disaster that is the coronavirus. Many shipments delayed, many Chinese companies on extended shutdowns after Chinese New Year - good example is trying to extend my Enterprise Shield coverage.

In light of all those things above I’ll patiently sit and wait with the rest of you for Mavic Mini batteries... and in the meantime engage DJI Drone Service to buy some of the essentials I need as part of my penance.

Fly safe!

Last edited:
This is an update...sorry, been traveling myself.

First - I’d like to publicly apologize to DJI Drone Service for my rant. They reached out to me with an alternative of a used battery, or a full refund. I did not realize they are small business and on vacation. Sometimes on the Internet it’s hard to tell the size of a company. We all need vacations to recharge - myself included.

Second - I see one of the moderators reached out to me by PM and asked (rightly so) about why I went off on this subject...sorry, frustrations regarding a number of things...again, profuse apologies. You’re right, Al, thanks for calling me out on this! PM sent.

Third - I anticipate we may see additional delays in battery deliveries from China due to the disaster that is the coronavirus. Many shipments delayed, many Chinese companies on extended shutdowns after Chinese New Year - good example is trying to extend my Enterprise Shield coverage.

In light of all those things above I’ll patiently sit and wait with the rest of you for Mavic Mini batteries... and in the meantime engage DJI Drone Service to buy some of the essentials I need as part of my penance.

Fly safe!
I just wish your "second thoughts" post could be the first reply in this thread. Too few readers will make it this far, and they'll come away with an unfairly negative bias. ?

I'm afraid the milk is spilt, and can't easily be mopped up. ?

Maybe Al can can enable an edit...I tried to put in at the end of the first post but can’t...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1